Giorgi Mamardashvili (GK) Valencia

Apparently we’re arguing over the fee. Valencia want 40 from us and we’re offering 35 and telling them to count the 5 Bournemouth are offering to loan him in the fee.

6 Likes

Offer apparently raised to 35+5

https://x.com/sanchis14/status/1825777544047505909?t=thggF4GTmdx2SYgNvo-pjA&s=19

1 Like

Wasn’t it that anyhow?

Why not just send Kelleher on loan to Bournemouth for 2 years to see how much further he can improve with regular gametime?

1 Like

Because we’re not going to pay 40m for a keeper to be #2 for 2 years.

I actually have an inkling Kelleher could end up being sold in the final week of the window.

I believe that @RedSeven means that we should loan out Kelleher for game time and have Jaros as backup to Alisson and NOT spend the £40m on Mamardashvili.

I’d be happy with that.

2 Likes

Cue fans baying for blood if Alisson should pick up an injury.

Though I’d imagine they’d do that anyway.

If we are looking to sell Kelleher then we are potentially in that same situation

Kelleher might not want that. He is already 27. He wants stability in a club that he makes the number 1 his for years and years, pretty much what Alisson did. Loaning him for 2 years and by the time he is 29 with no guarantees what he will get from us

He’s 25

2 Likes

Jaros comes with the @Sweeting seal of approval.

That’s good enough for me.

3 Likes

Got my numbers wrong. Yes I was saying in another thread that at his age, like Alisson was his age, he established himself in Roma and moved to us at 26 to be the undisputed first choice. Kelleher is not likely to displace Alisson for the next 2 years or even longer. Loaning out now does not guarantee him anything so maybe he will feel like Alisson, he should go out now and established himself.

Kelleher deserves a move to be number 1. He has earned that and I am sure we are trying to help.

Alisson took a step up to Roma and another step up to Liverpool.Kelleher could establish himself on loan with Bournemouth and either come back or then be sold.I think he’d kick himself if after all these years he leave on a permanent and next year or the one after Alisson was to move on.

1 Like

We could see it that way but ultimately depends on what Kelleher wants. There are alot of ifs and scenarios. Kelleher was very good especially when he played extended games last season. So good that he is too good to play 2nd fiddle. Alisson could suffer a career ending injury. He could leave. He could fall out of form. But nothing is sure. Kelleher might feel his form and capabilities deserve to be first choice in his own right, not just as the possible next best thing in Liverpool, but with a club willing to splash out some money for him now. We don’t know what is going on behind the scenes of course. But Kelleher has earned the right to decide what he wants

what you say is not impossible, but while hes still relevant for the national team, and still able to pick up big money at LFC (or similar) i doubt he’d be thinking about retiring to the never never anytime soon…

maybe a move the la liga…at worst saudi…but its hard to imagine he heading back to brazil and leaving millions of dollars on the table…

this move for the georgian keeper is an interesting one, certainly has us guessing…

maybe the club see it more as an investment and insurance…as in, if Ali decide to play hardball at contract time we have it all sorted, and if not, maybe we can turn a profit regardless…

Oh I’m not talking about his quality, I’m talking about the same “fans” who will whine about not spending more money even if we had 8 centre-backs and 6 of them were injured.

That said, given that we already let Adrian go, I think the bigger question would be if whichever goalkeeper we have in the U21s is good enough to cover as 3rd-choice.

@FabrizioRomano

Giorgi Mamardashvili’s move to Liverpool for June 2025 now getting close, advancing to final stages! Liverpool and Valencia in contact to agree on add-ons structure, package over €30m. Mamardashvili would stay at Valencia on loan one season —

@Geo__team

Been 2 weeks chasing this guy and still no here we go??? To say I’m disappointed is an understatement.

1 Like

this window has been absolute shit SO FAR