Good News Thread

Or, alternatively, something to just wipe out the entire human race.

1 Like

May end up being the same thing

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Brilliant programme about DIY plastic recycling. Great stuff!

5 Likes

This is good news for the airline industry.

2 Likes

Not so good for the environment, the airline industry should have massive cuts for the sake of the planet.

2 Likes

They didnā€™t talk on Christmas day?
Because Mohamed is Muslim?

How does being a member of any religion stop you from talking to a loved one who is not of the same religion on any day matter. Just phone your partner up and ask how they are. Tell them how your day is going. Tell them that you love, and miss them and hope youā€™ll be together soon.

Mrs CDO is a Citoil fan and I tell her that I love her every day.

And thereā€™s no stronger religion than being a Red.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

I coach my lads football team. They are all 14 years old. Itā€™s a recreation league, which means it isnā€™t ranked on ability, so everyone gets to play. Iā€™ve had a kid with learning difficulties who has played for us the last couple of years. He gives his all but he is our worst player.

Anyway, we made it to the final. Grudge match against a stacked team, all sent out to cobra Kai the shit out of the opposition.

And what do you knowā€¦ our lad with learning difficulties scores the winner in the final. It was his first ever goal. There was a half decent sized crowd there - parents, family, friends that sort of thing - and the place erupted when he scored. Everyone was hugging each other as his achievement was celebrated. It was truly a life affirming moment, and somehow the best of humankind was wrapped up in the moment.

It was a joy to present the medals at the end. Biggest smile ever on this kid.

22 Likes

Thatā€™s fucking awesome.

absolutely awesome.

3 Likes

Absolutely brilliant. Well done to all involved. Letā€™s hope that it gives him the confidence to kick on.

2 Likes

That must have been a great moment for everyone. Well in! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

https://www.unep.org/news-and-stories/story/how-chernobyl-has-become-unexpected-haven-wildlife

4 Likes

Hugging to be legalised!

3 Likes

I guess this is good newsā€¦but also what a tragic taleā€¦I felt quite angry reading this.

BBC News - Joe Ligon: Americaā€™s ā€˜longest juvenile liferā€™ on 68 years in prison

1 Like
2 Likes

So sad for the 56 who never made it. It shows how desperate people are to undertake journeys like this. Great work by the Spanish Air Sea Rescue crew at the limit of their flying range.

2 Likes

rocky balboa win GIF by Rocky

2 Likes