Good News Thread

It’s a wacky story for a wacky day.

5 Likes

No idea where to put this…I think occasionally we just want to see some cute stuff: A puppy and some ducklings.

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Not sure whether to put this article in “To Your Health” or here.

2 Likes

Nice football shout out for mothers day - its a shame the game doesn’t promote a bit more along these lines. These kind of stories are likely to run through a large cross section of the premier league.

2 Likes

This is the type of heartwarming story that we all love to read and hear.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about this game. Will anyone please explain this in terms of football?

Mo Salah scores a last minute winner in a match. The ball comes back on to the pitch and he hoofs it high into the stands. An opposition fan catches it and sees a young Red stood close to him. The oppo fan hands it to the young lad and he has a ball that Mo scored a winning goal from.

In baseball the clubs don’t seem to be so protective/precious about the baseballs and it seems to be a big thing to have a game used ball.

My Nephew has a Premier League ball that Ben Foster (Watford’s keeper) gave to him after warming up with it pre 2nd half in a game at Anfield. :+1::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Just following up on the above story… CBC showed the video and interview.

TorStar has a bit more updates to the background of the story.

I think the penny has dropped with my wife

Baseball is like France, there are plenty of strikes.

On Fire Burn GIF by Us

Believe that there are good people in the world, amongst the horrible morons.

2 Likes

Good and bad morons, imbiciles, cretins … nincompoops.

1 Like
1 Like

it’s like getting to keep a ball off a 6 in cricket from your favorite batsman at a test match.

1 Like

Some don’t like JBP but I wonder who disagrees with any of this?

1 Like

Not sure who is going to watch/listen but if you summarise all the points you may get some engagement.

Hats off to JD…

5 Likes