Harry Wilson (RW) to Fulham

What setting do you have the thread on?

If it’s “watching” change it to “normal” from the drop down menu.

4 Likes

As you say it’s all guesswork.

But I don’t think many players go out on loan and develop into £40m players. If it had happened surely we’d have wanted to keep him?

For me to keep sending out on loan just shows other clubs we don’t really want him and don’t think he’s capable of contributing to our squad.

We may not have been able to sell at £25m, but i’d be surprised if there wasn’t interest at £15m-£20m plus a cheeky Edwards sell-on.

Keeping him in the squad and you have a potential Nat Phillips situation where you can see him performing and contributing at a high level and suddenly add £15m to his value

1 Like

Completely agree.

I know iv mentioned this before but if you can command seasonal loan fees for a player purely by ownership its a no brainer, especially if they came through the youth or brought for a modest fee. Chelsea in my opinion were the first to do this and Man City have followed in recent years.
I think my point at the time was more about the rate transfer fees were inflating per season, so you could sign a player for £1m and loan him out for two seasons almost paying for the transfer fee, if they do well you integrate them into your team or sell them for an inflated fee, if not you wipe your face - auction term.
I don’t agree with the practice, but I accept it is part of the ‘business’ your basically treating the players like cattle. The thing is most of the cattle are happy to go along with it aslong as they are being fed.

As you state, the loan fees are respectable and probably cover the club’s investment in him many times over.
In regards to the fee hindsight is a wonderful thing, if only everyone knew this pandemic was going to last so long, The decision to stand by their valuation may have been based on the situation levelling out, with the safety net that all players values will commonly fall/rise in a consistent manner so players we try to sign will depreciate in the same way.

4 Likes

If we are honest Fulham is about his level.

3 Likes

Wilson good business, and good luck to him.

Elliot already the better player, and several years younger. So time for Wilson to go. Arguably we could have got slightly more selling at an optimal time, but since then we’ve had loan fees and have been weathering a covid storm.

Decent fee for me, but more than that, the right move for all parties.

Good luck to Harry Wilson. Hope he kicks on and becomes a 40M player… and then we find out Edwards has a 20% clause in there, the bespectacled, laptop wielding genius that he is.

4 Likes

A little surprised to see him go to a Championship side. He will no doubt get plenty of game time at Fulham and do well in the Championship though.

Had him pegged as someone going to one of the bottom half teams, the likes of Burnley and others.

Hoping Mikey has a 10-20% sell-on clause in there. Could certainly end up being a decent player.

1 Like

Yeah, a Championship side chasing promotion. That also justifies his fees, which might have been a couple more millions more but about the level a Championship club can afford.

2 Likes

Done… £12mil best of luck Harry.

5 Likes

Confirmed by Joyce at £12m.

4 Likes

Best of luck harry

2 Likes

That’s even better than what we have been hearing. :star_struck:

1 Like

On discussion on whether the fee was lower than what it should be it’s worth remembering that he’s in his final 12 months on his contract. £12m deal in last year is probably equivalent to more like a £18m valuation possibly as much £24m. Player prices always drop down by up to half.

2 Likes

An excellent move for all parties. It was already clear that Klopp wasn’t seeing him as one for the first team, and so it was all about finding the right club for him, and getting the right fee.

That is done now, so all the best Harry! :+1:t2:

4 Likes

A very good transfer for LFC. 12 mln. pounds for Wilson and extra 5 mln. pounds from loan fees means that the club gained 17 mln. pounds from a player with only one season of premiership experience.

He developed late. After his failed loan at Crew, he needed two more seasons and a pretty solid loan at Hull. And that could the start of a decent career.

Now 24 years old he needs to setlle somewhere else and try to play his best football. Sadly for him his level is not good enough for Klopp and the club. Liverpool will balance the books after the sales of Miller /1,3 mln. pounds/, Grabara /3 mln./, Grujic /10,5 mln./, Awonyi /6,5 mln./ and Wilson /12 mln./.

I wish him good luck in his new adventure

6 Likes

We do love our left footed wingers or actually mostly combining players off the right.

One less!

1 Like

Official now…

8 Likes

Good luck to him.

5 Likes

Good deal.

Opened a former players’ thread for Harry:

2 Likes