Harry Wilson (RW) to Fulham

I personally think it’s a great move for him but he’s going to have to work much harder under Dyche than he did Howe. All that said, I can’t at all see Burnley paying £20M. They may lose James Tarkowski before the window closes, which will inject them with cash, but that’s still a decent sized price tag for how they run their club financially.

Didn’t say it would work. But I can see that decision being made by them after signing Wilson. “Hmmm so great at crosses and set pieces… who in the league is built like a tank and has an (undeserved) reputation for being good at heading crosses etc?”!

£20m payable in 4 equal instalments every 6 months. Final two instalments to be waived if Burnley get relegated. 50% sell on clause.

Let’s incentivise their downfall.

7 Likes

Odd (to me anyway) that he would agree a move to Burnley but (reportedly) turn down a move to Leeds.

EDIT: I like that deal structure @Kopstar. Get it signed! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Ha, it wasn’t a comment on your post so much, more that it gave me flashbacks to a less than successful period for us :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t see that speed bump :blush:

They were in the Europa League season before last!

I’m not sure who wrote this, maybe one of you guys, it’s interesting. I realize there is more to a players game than “just goals” but at the same time, scoring goals is the hardest thing to do In the Prem. I’ve said all along, given today’s market, IMO Wilson is £20M player every day of the week;

PL players being 23 years or younger in 19/20 season, only 7 players scored more than him playing more matches in the likes of Rashford, Abraham, Jesus, Calvet Lewin, Richarlison, Greenwood and Pulicic and he has the same goal tally as Jota and Mount having score 7 in 31 matches with a relegated club its a good goal contribution.

5 Likes

I think the issue with Wilson, if you can call it that, is that the majority of his goals come from set pieces, and relatively few from open play. I was hoping to see him get more involved in matches at Bournemouth, but didn’t see much improvement on that front.

3 Likes

Agreed ZB. Definitely some gaps in his game and off the ball he’s going to have to increase his work rate and consistency. I’ve posted before it’s hard for me to be objective about Wilson bc he’s one player in particular I always wanted to see succeed here, and maybe I always overrate him.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my view as well. In fact I think he was very disappointing. He faded out of games and failed to do much beyond his set piece contributions. And then there is coronavirus, and the news that there will be no fans in stadiums this side of Christmas.

£10m. £15m if Edwards does a Jedi mind trick.

3 Likes

Yeah 10-15m in this market…

Better than keeping him as it’s obvious he has no future at Liverpool. I wish him well.

1 Like

£10m rising to £15m or £20m with add ons, plus a significant sell clause and some kind of first refusal option on Dwight McNeil.

1 Like

Looks like Burnley’s bid is 12 mln. pounds, while Liverpool want 15 mln. pounds including add-ons.
Looks like a deal is close and soon Burnley can have new owners - ALK Capital LLC /American company/.

2 Likes

I wonder if the club still have an interest in Tarkowski. I think we have been linked with him previously.

1 Like

Would take £12m all day long.

1 Like

Kinda low balled but decent.

tbf Sean Dychead is kinda balled.

2 Likes

Our negotiator is unbelievably good so I’m expecting more.

I sold Wilson to Arsenal for £46.5m in Football Manager.

Edwards out!!!

15 Likes