Harry Wilson (RW) to Fulham

Harsh, love it!

1 Like

They’ve already rejected 4 bids from West Ham. If he goes this window they’re looking to cash-in. Right now he is likely Burnley’s highest value asset, maybe even higher than Pope. Leicester is also said to be in the mix for Tarkowski.

1 Like

weak.

In FM, I groomed Wilson to replace Salah and sold Salah to Bayern Munich.

Klopp can’t do that? Klopp out!

1 Like

I don`t think you should be admitting that on a Public forum :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But well done his hair looks lovely :grinning:

8 Likes

This is an interesting one. My first thought was “does he work and compete hard enough to be at Burnley?”

Then I thought, “if he buries a free kick or two, will they care?”

1 Like

Love it! !

1 Like

Burnley and Sean Dyche usually have an eye for specific types of players. If you look at the growth of their young players, its actually not been as bad as we make them out to be. Guys like Dwight Mcneil for example , he is only 20 years of age and has featured in the league and is definitely a promising offensive prospect. Im sure Dyche sees something in Wilson that he can work into his team at the very least.

1 Like

Yeah Dwight McNeil was doing very well for me at Liverpool on FM but seriously he is a talent and if they were to go one down each wing it might work for them.

2 Likes

Need this to happen, and soon.

Make it so…

I think it could be a good move. However I think Leeds would have been better.

Leeds would have been a better move but i think he would have to work much harder playing for them.

1 Like

I’m not sure though. Yes Bielsa is a great manager and Leeds a great club but their squad still lacks a lot of talent and there is no guarantee they won’t struggle this season.

On the other hand, Dyche has a tiny squad and no one to play right wing so playing time is guaranteed - plus you know you are not going to get relegated while playing for them so you can potentially be in the shop window for a move to a top 6 club every single year.

4 Likes

He’ll end up being more of a Championship player with short spells in the PL here and there.

2 Likes

Like I said previously. I don’t think he has has the speed or strength for a high pressing game. Even Burnley with their rugby league approach may be too much for him. Leeds was more of a flowing game.

Burnley will have at least 7 or 8 bruisers on the pitch to carry the piano they’ll need one or two to play it. Wilson will probably get given a relatively free role there to get on the ball and play crosses into the box and take their set pieces.

5 Likes

Also depends on whether he’s a player you can build a team around. We’ve seen great footballers who can direct the play. But nothing that I’ve seen of Wilson so far would lead me to believe that.

You don’t need to have great physical characterstics if you’ve got a vision for a pass. At this point, He’ll be a poor man’s Joe Allen…

Poor guy is getting bashed pillor to post here, makes you wonder if we think he warrants a transfer fee at all!

What we do know is his set piece delivery is very good and he does score. If he can work on other parts of his game he could fit in well under a system like Burnley and may yet make a decent PL player. Ultimately I’m mainly interested in getting a good fee for him but I think we should remember that he has done more to show his worth (albeit not for us) than the much more hyped Brewster and as a proper academy lad and actual Liverpool fan rather than a purchase from elsewhere he is less deserving of our scorn.
Good luck Harry!

5 Likes

Burnley is like a poor mans Palace, they don’t all need to be bruising cnuts, Dwight O Neill is one such example.

Wilson will fit fine in my view, my concern would be his Bournemouth performances and I’m sure that’s why he isn’t fetching what we expected bar Covid.

1 Like

Feel like that’s a tad harsh on Wilson’s Bournemouth performances. There was a point when he was a critical player for them. They were literally designing set pieces for him and I think he even won player of the month.

He dropped off the map at the end (i.e. post break) but that had more to do with a healthy David Brooks returning to the lineup then anything Harry did or did not do IMO.

If I was Brighton, for example, I’d be all over Harry.