Harry Wilson (RW) to Fulham

It’s possible we don’t know all the terms of the Burnley deal. At face value 12M plus add ons was a good offer, but there may have been more to it that stopped us dealing.

1 Like

Yes £12m but we wanted £12m plus stop playing like dirty bastards against us,they refused and the deal collapsed.

3 Likes

Barnsley, Blackburn, Blackpool…somebody told Edwards we couldn’t play our youth players in a B team, didn’t they?

Fuck you Burnley.

13 Likes

With us out of the carabao cup and all, I don’t see Wilson getting any time at all in this current squad. What do we do with a player like this?

Dunno. Maybe let Cardiff answer that question?

5 Likes

Oh hey , i forgot Wilson went to Cardiff on loan hahahaha. Thanks, my bad

2 Likes

Although if he was here still I’d have him in the squad ahead of Origi. Last night would have been Wilson, Shaqiri and Minamino behind Jota in a 4231 for me if he was still here.

1 Like

Not your fault :innocent: . This thread should have been locked by now :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Would have felt more confident if they had relied on a bit more reliable sources than Mirror and Sports Mole. :rofl:

1 Like

He’s on international duty - nothing will happen till after Wales are eliminated (or win?!?!) the Euros.

1 Like

It should go through fairly quickly then.

3 Likes

Four of the third-placed teams go to next round.

2 Likes

The stated fee would be a bit disappointing. Still a good piece of business. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Good luck to him if he goes. Fee seems reasonable to me, in a period when teams are tightening their belts, and since we don’t want him.

Hopefully we insert a sell on clause so we get another payday if he becomes a £30M+ player and moves on again in 2-3 years.

1 Like

Doubt we were expecting much more, would probably before that spell with Bournemouth but it did some damage.

If it has a clause for future sales I’m not bothered.

1 Like

Hope we get a sell-on fee with that. He’s better than a £10m player that’s for sure but I guess we’re doing what we can to clear the decks.

Will be good for him. Will get to play a lot next season at a level he’s comfortable with before hopefully coming up to test himself in the Premier League again.

Pretty satisfactory all round for a lad who was never going to make it here.

3 Likes

Good luck to him. I think the club have done well to get £10m in this market.

6 Likes

Isnt he heading into his final year? That with perhaps the lack of success of our other sales may have had led to some downward pressure there?

3 Likes

That too, I know he hasn’t looked as promising as he did in that Derby season personally then again Cardiff don’t feature much on Sky so hadn’t seen as much.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a particularly great price but it is in the context of how early in the summer it is and him clearly being surplus to requirements here. Might have got more if we ran the risk of waiting till the end of the season. But glad we haven’t. Said a few times now how I believe we need to use this summer after the pandemic to clear the surplus off the decks for whatever we can, get a clean slate if possible. The pandemic will be blamed for any prices that seem lower. Can go back to business as usual with our tough sellers reputation largely untarnished.

2 Likes