Harvey ELLIOTT: 2020/21 (on loan at Blackburn Rovers)

Today’s match against Preston North End, Harvey Elliott picked up an injury. He was back to his feet after treatment but were not able to continue. Lenihan in particular wasn’t happy with the tackle on him by Ryan Ledson.

Tony Mowbray on Harvey Elliott injury, after the Liverpool loanee was forced off:

“The early news is that we hope it’s just a kick.
“It’s come up pretty quickly, a bruise, and it doesn’t look like it’s badly damaged.
“When you think of a knee injury you think of ligament but it doesn’t seem to be anything like that.
“Just a pretty severe kick and we’re hoping that’s all it is.”

5 Likes

Sigh…an ex-Everton player injuring our boys. Why am I not surprised.

3 Likes

He was a dirty prick in the reserves too if memory serves me rightly. @Sweeting will probably testify to that.

1 Like

Yes I remember he put in the worst tackle I’ve seen at youth level. Knee high, two footed (at least that’s how it looked to me, I was stood about 20 yards away). I think it was on Ryan Kent.

He was really highly rated at Everton but I think ultimately his tackling was one of the things that made him too much of a liability for the first team.

2 Likes

Harvey Elliott participated in training this morning and is expected to feature in Blackburn Rovers’ home fixture against Barnsley…

…His injury was initially a cause for concern but Mowbray has confirmed that Elliott featured in full training on Thursday morning and will be available for Saturday.

4 Likes

When your tackling is considered too filthy even for Everton you should realise you’re doing something wrong.

11 Likes

Just bad timing on his part. If he was still there he’d probably be captain by now.

7 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Harv was easily their best player alongside Kaminsky. Nice goal, too.
Blackburn are god-awful, but he’s getting the minutes and, more often than not, he stands out.
Is it a full season loan? Interesting to see where Harv stands if/when Mowbray gets (rightfully) shoved off in these coming weeks.

1 Like

Considering he seems to be their best player I doubt it will have much effect.

Dunno mid table for Blackburn is probably about right so I dunno if Mowbray will be going anywhere.

1 Like

Pep Lijnders on Elliott:

I miss him! I would have loved to continue working with him, but it’s a good decision of course because he can play many games and he can show what he’s really about. I think he’s doing that, he’s impressing everyone. For us and for me, it’s not a surprise – if that’s here, there or wherever, he will surprise and show what he can bring. It says a lot that he didn’t need a lot of time to adapt because he has this overview, this technical level, this maturity for his age is unbelievable. At the same time, the constant threat of the final pass and the dribble and the shot. We miss him, to be honest, we really miss him. We wish he were here with us.

6 Likes

He seems to return from his injuries within days anyhow.

Given how Liverpool players are dropping like flies, forcing Klopp to use more and more youngsters, does the club have the option to recall Elliott in January? Maybe I’m jumping the gun but he’ll gets loads of opportunities, half of the first team is out injured at the moment and will be for a while.

2 Likes

Considering our luck, he might be injured in January :nauseated_face:

12 Likes

Finishing seems to be getting better

You have to be careful with reading too much into Championship form (even for a 17 year old - Ryan Sessegnon for example) but I think he’ll be here next season and competing for first team places/offering squad depth. The goal and assist tally is great but it’s how natural he looks as a footballer that is most convincing thing. I think we all said the same after about 10 minutes into his debut vs Lyon. His all touch videos from some of his games at Blackburn show how technically gifted and intelligent he is.

Good experience this year playing mens football and replace Shaqiri for next year is probably the plan for him. I don’t think he’ll be farmed out again, he’s too good.

8 Likes

Just wondering, when do you guys/gals think Harvey Elliott will be back playing for LFC?
He is doing very well at the moment.

5 Likes

With Elliott he looked good enough bar the finishing, that was what let him down for me, he seems to have improved that.

The right set up players with talent will flourish, I thought Bamford was absolutely woeful but Biesla has turned him into a poacher.

3 Likes