4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

He’ll get an England cap this year - I got no doubts about it

1 Like

That’s not good, is it???

2 Likes

It’s always going to happen

Got a strange feeling that Kane won’t be captain that game.

2 Likes

Found it strange that Match of the Day said FSG were “asleep at the wheel” with regards to transfers and that forced us to use Elliott against Burnley which “luckily” he played well.

I think it’s pretty clear that the pathway has been intentionally cleared for Elliott for Jones - not the result of an ignorant ownership and getting extremely lucky.

10 Likes

It’s stuff like that which feeds the toxicity around transfers.

6 Likes

Yeah without having heard it, that sounds like an uninformed take on the situation. It can happen I guess, it’s easy to forget sometimes that pundits don’t pay half as much attention to the club as we do.

1 Like

You found it strange that they were talking bollocks on MOTD?

You obviously don’t watch it regularly.

6 Likes

Really are they blind we had Thiago, Jones and Minamino on the bench and if that was pushing it there was also Firmino. AOC and Fabs off on humanitarian leave and Millie injured. This is beyond fuckwit territory. I mean over 6 other players who cover that 1 spot doesn’t appear like a forced move to me. :crazy_face:

My eyes were opened to this when Suarez scored a handball goal, and according to the pundits ran off provocatively kissing his wrist. Not one had noticed that the countries leading goalscorer did that after every goal, as it’s where he has tattooed the names of his children.

The standard of football punditry is shocking. Robbing money, as my dad would say. Claiming to be an expert on football, and just getting basic stuff wrong. Utter contempt for the audience.

Swerve it. You get more insight through amateur media.

6 Likes

Alan Shearer by any chance?

Tired Oh No GIF by Liverpool FC

Apparently Lovren still has some uses!

4 Likes

Equally, he got the tattoo there because that’s where he saved Ghana’s goal-bound shot in the World Cup Quarterfinal…

3 Likes

That is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a football game, both what he did, and the utterly absurd condemnation of his subsequent celebration at the penalty being saved. In football it is not “cheating” to foul and accept the consequences. For all the fuss made about it, this act was ironically one of Luis’ most honest acts on a football pitch, but also the one that demonstrated what an absolute lunatic he was about winning.

10 Likes

I loved it as well. The commentators going on about cheating the whole of Africa, without realising what a ridiculous, and not to mention racist, concept that is.

3 Likes

Harvey’s received his first U21 England call up. Curtis Jones also selected, although he’s suspended for the game on 7 Sept.

They face Romania in Bucharest in a friendly next Friday before opening their Euro 2023 qualifying campaign against Kosovo in Milton Keynes on September 7.

4 Likes

Milton Keynes? It’ll be like a home game for the Kosovans.

1 Like