Harvey ELLIOTT: 2022/23

Not bad for a player who can’t play in midfield. :grinning:

1 Like

Am I an utmost bastard when I say that I still don’t think he’s ready to play matches of this magnitude? He was great in the second half but almost cost us a stupid goal in the first.

He has the knack of losing possession in dangerous areas, which is understandable for a young player, and it’s probably not his fault that he has to learn on the job, and fast because all the other options are… Well…

That said, his technical ability and tenacity bode well for the future, as well as the fact that he really cares for this club and never lets his head drop.

1 Like

Nope.

Clearly this team still has a lot of improvement to make, and two good games don’t mean Elliot has had a good season or that certain other players are now the answer either.

That said, today isn’t really the day for reason or being objective. He had a really good second half and contributed to us stuffing United, so fair fucks to him.

1 Like

To be honest Alisson nearly cost us a goal and so did Konate.

Some of the passing in the middle of the first half left a lot to be desired.

He did some good stuff in that first half certainly feel at times we were switching between a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-1-3.

1 Like

Not at all, people are entitled to their opinions so long as that’s what you stand by and frankly a lot of the points you make are correct.

There is still a lot of question marks over Harvey and his long term role at the club but that’s fine because he’s still a teenager, he doesn’t need to be the finished article right now.

He is learning all the time and will make mistakes but you cannot fault his endeavour, and now he is actually winning the ball where before he ran around a lot got near his opponent and then did nothing.

I look forward to seeing him develop as he wears his true red heart on his sleeve.

1 Like

Alisson
TAA Konate VvD Robertson
Bellingham Bajcetic
Elliott Jones
Nunez Díaz

Think something like a 4-2-2-2 could get the best out of Harvey and Curtis but I really doubt Klopp will ever ditch his 4-3-3 regularly at Liverpool.

Is this supposed to be an upgrade on what we have now? 1 new signing for next season?

The Wire Reaction GIF

It was just an example of how to get the best out of Harvey and Curtis.

If we sign two new midfielders Harvey will spend most of the time on the bench while Curtis might not even make it there.

Player with most games (40) this so far this season.

Speaks volumes.

Elliott currently playing on the right side of England U21’s 4-4-2 against France. Yasser Larouci playing directly against him in that zone.

Cant believe Larouci is still young enough to be playing at this age group given how long ago it seems he was our next hope from the academy

Turned 22 in January. 22 games for Troyes this season, 1 goal.

Not a midfielder.

Doubt he would even look like one if his midfield partners would be Tchoumeni and Bellingham.

He played right winger (or right side of a 4) today, not midfield. And yeah, he wasn’t great.

Very few players are.

1 Like

If he was played in a forward position he wouldn’t look good enough either.

He isn’t at the level required, it is that simple. Still has plenty of time to improve though.

He should have been a squad option at best.

3 Likes

Most likely a cup player for now!