I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Just got a free ticket to Everton v Celtic in Sydney on Sunday. Had no plan to go but can walk to the ground so count me in.

Plan is to therefore sink piss wearing my Liverpool shirt right?

6 Likes

Whilst loudly telling all and sundry that you’re only there because it’s free.

4 Likes

I wonder if the Everton fan in Sydney is like the Everton fans over here.

1 Like

There aren’t any.
I see LFC shirts every time I go to the mall.

1 Like

If its going to be a slow news week, may as well fill the void with stuff that can bring a smile eh… Whether it is total BS or not, nice to see ‘picking at the scab’ reports like this :0)
It talks of replacing Lumphard with Bielsa…!!

MSN

1 Like

Did say “fan”

Haha, get all the Sydney Reds into the ground for the game. Get them singing Liverpool songs throughout. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Maybe they should boo and call them shit.

Isn’t that what they are used to?

1 Like

Dog Reaction GIF

He is going get the sack quicker as well.

1 Like

Now here is a name from the past… Good to see the martial arts training programme he instigated back in the 70’s is still instrumental in their play today :0)

3 Likes

Things you love to see. I was born when my Mum and Dad were in their 40s. When I was growing up, say aged ten to early teens my Dad was in his 50s. He’d come home from work and sit and read the paper or a book. I don’t ever recall him doing anything ‘active’ with us kids.
Even as I got older (late teens, early twenties) my older Brothers were never active. It’s a staple of family parties now that one or two of my Nephews will enquire with a smirk their face “are you still playing walking football?”.
I’m happy to take the teasing though. The benefits of a couple of sessions a week are immense. Not just physically but mentally as well. We play in the National Cup and get to pit our skills against teams from the North West. On the achievements front, I play with a lad who has three England caps at over 65 age group. I also play against a Welsh international.
Fair play to Pejic, my Brother in Law is a Stoke fan and Pejic was one of his faves back in the day. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

This taken today from my office building, theyre stadium coming along nicely tbh.

2 Likes

What’s the capacity meant to be when it’s finished? It’s going to look great in the Championship.

1 Like

I think it’s 52k I know it’s not as big as ours but we supposed better transport links, though the transport links haven’t yet been built.

It should help them but I do feel it just makes them ripe for another oil supported takeover.

2 Likes

Yeah 50 odd, meant to be ready in time for new season apparently but looks as though plenty work left to do.

1 Like

Not least of which is securing the money to finish it.

1 Like

Not our business but the club wouldve signed on an agreement to pay it off by 2025 or something like that.