I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Gordon wasnt in the squad at the weekend. I read yesterday that Lampard had been falling out with players and not allowing them to remain with the first team. Gordon was one of them.

2 Likes

Anyone got any loose change?

3 Likes

That’s a pretty low price for an EPL club in a major city with a modern new stadium under construction. I would expect it to attract bidders and might regrettably improve the situation markedly, which wouldn’t take much since it’s an absolute shambles at the moment.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Suppose it’s low enough to attract the absolute dregs of ownership as well.

1 Like

Fixed it for accuracy

3 Likes

It’s all a ruse. The owner can say “I know we needed reinforcements but with the club up for sale we couldn’t buy any new players. We don’t know what players would be valued by the incoming owner. Enjoy your new owners in the Championship.”

Probably it.

It’s going be Duncan Ferguson isn’t it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m torn about Everton’s relegation. On the one hand it would be absolutely hilarious to watch them sink like a stone. On the other it may represent their best chance at a bit of silverware

2 Likes

Seeing Everton relegated would make my life complete.

I’d happily take a 9th place finish if it meant they went down.

I’d happily see them stay up if we get 4th place.
More worried about us than them.

6 Likes

So they’re turning to the rich man’s Dyche again. Maybe Allardyce will take the opportunity to get them relegated and get revenge for the way the club and its hideous fans treated him last time. :crazy_face:

Everton will continue talks with Marcelo Bielsa about becoming their new manager but will also consider appointing their former boss Sam Allardyce. (Independent)

1 Like

I’d have big sam in. They stay up (just) and sort out under new ownership in the summer.

Fat chance :rofl:

picture it: the Bitters are bought by Qatar and become another Citeh/Sandcastle.

Imagine the scenes at Anfield if they finish above us in the table after a 750mil injection in player and a progressive manager. picking up the club for £500mil is chump change for the oil sheikhs

the FSGout brigade would have a fucking meltdown

1 Like

I don’t really get the thinking that Bielsa will somehow keep them up. His style of football is not for the drop zone, though he might be a guy to beat up on the lesser opposition below and lead them back to the show.

This moment calls for pragmatism and hard-on-the-eyes football. Dyche, Sam, Tony, Pre-MU-Moyes.

2 Likes

That’s one way to look at it. On the other hand, it is a stadium that isn’t done yet, for a club that may not have needed it but definitely won’t need it if they get relegated. The timing is impeccable. Declare yourself for sale right after sacking the manager most observers thought you should have shown the door in August.

At a stroke, they have made themselves less attractive to any potential signings and any potential managers - of course, Sam is really only in the short-term contract biz these days anyway.

3 Likes

It’s also small enough for the sharks to come biting.

Bielsa or Allardyce, eh? Good to see they finally have a clear idea of the type of manager they want to hire.

Any word on Frank’s compo?

1 Like