I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

It’s also beautifully, gloriously Everton to persist with a manager everyone can see isn’t good enough, only to sack him right at the end of the window, when there is no time to get them any of the players they’ll need for the scrap ahead.

5 Likes

No one wants to buy shit.

1 Like

Do you remember the Mel Brooks film, “The Producers”, whereby they come up with a scam to defraud theatre investors by producing a dreadful musical that closes on the first night?

Do you think that’s what the Everton board are doing?

Maybe.
At least the songs in that film were more tasteful than the Everton chants

3 Likes

I have no idea how Mel Brooks got away with that in 1967.

I wonder if they could do a off-Broadway musical based on Everton: “Fucking Boooo! (The Musical)”

1 Like

aint nobody got time for that GIF

1 Like

I liked the book
th

1 Like

Maybe it is time to change the name of the thread :0)

9 Times World Karate Champion Wayne Otto just landed to take his medical at Woodison… signing to help them in the relegation battle :0)

1 Like

Is he their new manager?

Tactician Trainer :0)

Time to bring Big Dunc in.

These need to be viewed skeptically, but how can a club think a back up to Bielsa is Sam? I am not talking about levels, but about philosphy and attitudes to football.

4 Likes

Generally yes, but lots of clubs go down by just following the conventional wisdom. Everton is toxic. Their football is awful and the fans just hate everything about what is happening and many feel that as much as their shitness is holding them back. None of the familiar list of pragmatic managers will change anything about that. Someone who plays a brand of football who at least gives something for the fans to watch might. It might backfire spectacularly, especially give the late stage of the season and the difficulty of implementing a new approach to games with this little time to work on it, but it’s an idea that shouldnt be dismissed entirely given Everton’s specific situation.

1 Like

Did it not occur to the Everton board that it might be sensible to have a new manager lined up before sacking the old one just before transfer deadline day?

Or is this simply an admission that Everton of unmanageable?

1 Like

My favourite film. Both the versions. :+1::nerd_face:

Got some real tough guy fans do the Ev.

https://www.tiktok.com/@toffee323277/video/7192274795264838917

They should try and get this guy in…
They already got his chant perfected :0)
Kim Jong-Boo

Basically they had no idea expected to attract several names talked to about 15 and these are the only two that haven’t said no straight away.