I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Shame, he will keep them up, hopefully he brings his latter Burnley tactics to Merseyside Derbies.

That’s actually a decent choice for them I think. Lord knows where the common sense came from but hey ho.

Still a massive job to turn round the mess though.

2 Likes

So it’s Dyche vs. Klopp Round 2. What was it that so pissed Jurgen off in that half-time altercation?

Probably multiple things, ranging from Burnley’s style of play to them making few niggly little fouls ref didn’t pick up on.

If they have appointed Dyche it’s about the first sensible move they have made in the last 18 months. I wonder who he is going to sign in the next (checks watch) four and a half days?

2 Likes

Stadiums come on a fair bit in the last 2 months tbf.

1 Like

I can see it now… Everton V QPR in a half empty stadium!

2 Likes

It’s meant to have a 52,000 capacity. Their current average gate is 35,000 (on a 39,000 capacity). The bigger Championship clubs average around 25,000 (although Sunderland are about 38,000 so there is scope for legacy support).

Can’t help but feel that this is a giant white elephant unless they sort the rest of the mess out.

2 Likes

Your sentence could have ended there.

Remember: this is Everton.

2 Likes

Away days down at the Argyle gonna be special for the Ev.

1 Like

Dyche has plenty of experience the league below and of getting teams into the Premier League, so even if they go down he can provide value to them.

3 Likes

In the season he relegated Burnley - Dyche was shite.!
Nothing to see here

1 Like

We play them in two week, he will make sure that after that we have new players on the injury list :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Exactly, and he was well on his way to getting them relegated again before the board made their decision.

1 Like

Sometimes the game moves on beyond your talents/abilities to keep up…
Happened to Maureen when his bus parking dinosaur techniques began to get found out…
Dyche has got a free hit… He takes them down, it will still be Rafa’s fault eh :0)

To be honest our players don’t need to have that extra concern when it comes to injuries.

I can only hope that the players sulk. Dyche will demand hard work etc. Hopefully that goes against the players mentality.

Right Lads… I will take the training sessions today

3 Likes

I’d argue that Dyche has a good chance of keeping them up. He won’t be long term but he will be effective. Farley TV is going to explode.

1 Like

Yeah, but sometimes change will help and I think that is probably something that was needed at Burnley.

Plus, I don’t think as much is expected from Dyche so he has much bigger parameters to work in and still be considered successful. He doesn’t have to win things just get them better organised and develop the squad (get rid of the high earners who don’t perform etc) which I’m sure he can still deliver.

They have at least two players who worked with him at Burnley. I think he will be a good appointment for Everton - the key risk is whether they still pay too much for the wrong players.

4 Likes