I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

I think the problem was them selling Iwobi when they had already told Gray that he could leave. They then attempted to keep Gray and blocked his departure only for Gray to post that on his twitter.

Anyway , the bitters got about 10m for him. Makes me think we should have held out for 30m for Hendo

Not sure that works. Gray into the last year of his contract (as was Jordan) but also only 27, so a lot more meat on that bone.

Both fee’s are a bit low really considering some of the money paid out by the Saudi.

1 Like

They moved on very quickly from buying all the best players in the world to signing Demarai Gray.

2 Likes

Their signing of Fabinho was a precursor to this.

1 Like

They probably panicked. Having been unable to pick up Salah they just grabbed the first player they could find on Merseyside.

2 Likes

That and Rafa player tag.

I do think being able to get 60m for Fabinho was pretty good.

1 Like

Well with their bone saws the Saudis would make quick work of that

Gray is a decent player and surely could have stayed in the PL at a club like West Ham or Aston Villa.
It’s the loss of this type of player to the Saudis that’s more concerning than the past it superstars.

4 Likes

I don’t think he could get on the pitch at Villa or West Ham. He’s been an underwhelming PL player who spent most of his time at Leicester getting splinters on the bench. Had one half decent season in one of the worst Everton sides ever - then he fell out with his manager and left for a bigger pay cheque.

1 Like

Not any team in the top 12.

Crystal Palace , Bournemouth etc sure as a substitute.

I do think he’s pretty okay though. Inconsistent but he provided that creative spark to that utterly dire Everton side. Problem with him is the consistency. He might have done better with a better manager than fwank and dyche though

4 Likes

I can’t read it, I feel dirty just going on that site.

3 Likes

One of these Arab investors will be a con job and it would be so Everton to get that one.

1 Like

Massive stadium for a side soon to play in the championship

1 Like
2 Likes

Sevilla are bottom of their league, Herta have a great Stadium despite being relegated and Standard Leige have pitchfork wielding fans.

I honestly couldn’t think of a better fit.

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

So it’s all going to be entirely above board then …

777 bought a 45% stake in the British Basketball League in 2021, in a deal which was determined to present no conflict of interest despite the same firm also owning the London Lions, who won the title last season.

In a statement, 777 said they “categorically confirm that there is no investigation into its ownership of the London Lions, and that these rumours are completely unfounded”.