I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

As long as they don’t buy 45% of the PL.

1 Like

How did they get past the 50%+1 rule in Bundesliga?

I’m not sure if they have yet. The DFB were looking at it.

3 Likes

777 sound like real bottom-feeders.

3 Likes

Perfect for Everton

1 Like

Everton will be a combination of all three.

2 Likes

Arsenal haven’t won at Goodison since Wenger left which bodes well for Everton.

Then again as the Manics sang, everything must go.

1 Like

Everton sold!

2 Likes

Sounds like a gamble.

The sale will take the best part of the season to go through. New owners & new stadium…in the championship

1 Like

I wonder if they have a get-out clause to cover the case of relegation before the deal closes.

1 Like

Think they bought Everton without minding even if they go into the championship.

Makes it easier to sell people and then rebuild.

Now the scrutiny really begins…

Everton’s proposed new owner was nicked over trafficking cocaine as mugshot resurfaces

Investors 777 Partners LLC are closing in on a deal to take over Everton, and the Toffees’ potential new majority owner was once arrested for cocaine trafficking

Everton fans have been left stunned after finding out about their potential new majority owner’s drugs past

Reports claim Wander, at the time a University of Florida student, was arrested in Gainesville, North Central Florida, in 2003 on felony charges of attempting to traffic cocaine.

Aged 21, Wander was caught trying to deliver 31 grams of cocaine in a controlled package through the mail.

The arrest report stated Wander, who founded 777 Partners in 2015, acknowledged the package was his. Brazilian outlet O Globo reported he was released shortly after on bond, having claimed the cocaine was for himself and a friend, before facing a lengthy parole

I posted this link in the football debate thread back in July. Doesn’t sound like owners I would be excited to have.

Edit: just saw it is now only available through subscribing to the website :frowning:

That is so ‘what would the Everton board do because they always get it right?’

1 Like

Don’t mind entities owning multiple clubs. Could mean a good source of players if done right (the red bull owned clubs come to mind).

But this is simply a walking disaster. Well par for the course as far as Everton is concerned.

Does the club debt now get wrote off and transfer spend go back to zero giving them an advantage in the transfer market as happened with chelsea.

In honor of Everton’s rich recent history, 777 have announced a name change to 888.

Debt yeah but I don’t think they can spend like Chelsea, I think it was a unique situation where the government had effectively frozen the assets of the owner.

I think there expenditure still has to align with FFP.

These guys are coming in to do the bare minimum. Buy the club , get the stadium completed and then look to sell the club to another guys.

There will be more than enough people willing to get involved with Everton people if they do a half decent job 5 years down the line.

They’ll be getting easy avenues to get their other talent across from the other leagues. And in theory should be competitive enough to be 9th-12th on a regular basis.

After they’ve gone through the relegation and cleared off most if not all of the dead wood.

1 Like