I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Doesn’t really matter who manages at the moment. Pep would struggle to get this side scoring goals.

2 Likes

Not sure I agree here. Potter was doing very well with Brighton (yes, I know they have an excellent structure and De Zerbi is getting even better results with them), and he laid a lot of the groundwork for the current Brighton team that are excelling even after having sold their “best” players over the summer.

He walked into a complete shitshow at Chelsea, as evidenced by their results after he was dismissed, and even currently under Poch, despite having spent over a billion quid in the last 18 months or so.

Potter would do very well at a club like Villa or Spurs or West Ham - places where the expectations are to try to get to Europe and maybe challenge the big boys for a top 4 place, maybe win the odd cup with enough luck. He’s firmly in the tier behind Pep and Klopp for me, and Everton is well below what his level is. They’re a shithouse club trying to remain relevant when they really just need to go down to the Championship and stay there.

4 Likes

I think they need to drop further than that.

3 Likes

I think the jury is out on Potter, and he would be walking into an even bigger shit show here at Everton.

1 Like

Potter almost committed career suicide with his Chelsea move. He’ll wait a while before jumping to a job

2 Likes

I think Potter would be a decent option. Problem is the system that would be around him.

1 Like

Potter is a good manager and should be doing better than Everton.

Going from a club as well run as Brighton to ones run like Chelsea and Everton would just be a terrible series of career moves for him.

1 Like

Potter might have an eye on the England Job… So he remaining available until Southgate goes

Not sure he would get it after the Chelsea shitshow.

Had he been smart and remained at Brighton, then I think you could be correct, but currently his reputation is too damaged from Chelsea to consider him for the England job. Unless he took one of the England Youth teams or Assistant Manager job to Southgate.

1 Like

Norwich ruined the fun - their U21s lost 2-1 to Everton today, becoming the first team to lose a league game to them this season.

2 Likes

It is rumoured Kenwright is looking for a player with the surname BOOO…! :0)

I’ve just found their perfect signing

Looks like Big Dunc is getting named as new manager of Inverness CT

2 Likes

It looks like Cally Thistle are going to get relegated.

1 Like

Yep- who looks at Ferguson’s record and thinks “He’s the man we need!”

1 Like

Premier League Soccer GIF by Everton Football Club

Maybe they have a burglary problem?

At least Ferguson won’t be forced to eat that vegan shit at Inverness. Unlike his previous job.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/VFshirts/status/1706690250725052914

Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by Friends

1 Like