I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

That’s fair, and relegation would be fine, but I don’t want some parasite vulture capitalist firm swooping in and gutting them, putting them into administration, etc

3 Likes

It’s happening, three of them from 777 were at the Luton game. They look well dodgy.

No I do agree.

I think we can smile at the Luton result and relegation while still not wishing the worst.

It’s how I see homelessness and stuff, I know I’m two pay checks away from that.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is the same issue as in this article from the Guardian, but apparently 777-owned Vasco da Gama are under sanctions for unpaid transfer fees.

1 Like

777 are involved in all sorts of shady shit. There’s no possible way they pass the PL’s suitability rules as far as ownership goes.

The problem for Everton is that Moshiri seems to have completely abandoned them, they’re mired in debt, and almost certainly looking at sanctions for violating the PL’s rules on finances/sustainability. If they don’t get relegated this season, then they’re likely to start next season with a points deduction (9 points, I reckon), and lose half their playing squad in an attempt to balance the books. They’re about as humped as a team can be, and in very real danger of going the way of Portsmouth or Blackpool, for example.

I believe the only potential saving options for them would be: Moshiri suddenly has a change of heart and injects more money into the club, finishing the new stadium and paying off some debts. They’ll still have to eat the FFP/PL finances sanctions, but a year or so in the championship to reset, they could come back up. OR: Some other type of “angel investor” swoops in and scoops them up, pays off some of the debt, accepts the sanctions and effectively same as above. Neither are particularly likely, because Everton aren’t a great prospect for making money as an investor. Their global reach is miniscule at this point, and unless it’s an oil state buying them, investors will be put off by the shit sandwich they’d be forced to eat up front.

I guess an oil state buying them is another possible option, and I reckon their fans would be delighted with that. The game’s gone, tbh.

Investor buys team with new stadium, sells off the old stadium puts the stadium in a seperate holding as part of asset stripping.

It’s a story as old as time itself.

1 Like

Someone recently said the same thing to me. They are going to end up renting that white elephant back off 777 for a monstrous fee. Absolutely nailed on.

2 Likes

Yup, I hope they can somehow find an alternative or this falls through and some people with a bit more morals finds them.

The new stadium should at least appeal to some.

1 Like

I think investors would only be interested when the stadiums finished to be honest. I remember that’s why City was “chosen” for example.

3 Likes

Leicester, Leeds and Burnley to sue Everton for £300 million for breaching FFP rules

Leicester City have written to Everton’s future owners 777 Partners to tell them that they will sue them for £100 million if they are found guilty of breaking the Premier League spending rules.

According to the Daily Mail, Leicester have written a joint letter with Leeds United and Burnley, stating that they will sue Everton for £300 million combined if they are found guilty of overspending to avoid relegation.

The £300 million, £100 million for each, is said to be for covering the losses of Premier League income for one season.

It is said that they have asked if the prospective owners are aware of their plan to sue the Blues, pending the outcome of a Premier League independent tribunal on the 25th of October.

It is also said that the letter was initially addressed to the Premier League, who have replied ‘acknowledging the correspondence’ and saying that they will pass on the information to 777 Partners, shriek they gain control of the club.

Leicester were relegated along with Leeds from the Premier League last season, whilst Everton stayed up. They are unhappy that the issues surrounding Everton’s overspending were not dealt with last season, as both feel they could have stayed up of Everton were given a points deduction.

Burnley had been relegated the previous season to the Foxes, but Everton got away with the. Charges that year due to the losses being attributed to Covid

Leicester have every right to sue, as they finished 18th in the Premier League last season, two points off Everton. They also had a better goal difference, so should Everton have been deducted at least two points, Leicester would have stayed up and avoided relegation to the Championship.

A potential £100 million windfall would be crucial for Leicester, especially for their long-term future should they not be promoted back to the top flight at the first time of asking, with a number of players still on Premier League wages.

The post Leicester, Leeds and Burnley to sue Everton for £300 million for breaching FFP rules appeared first on Leicester City News.

1 Like

Wow. Would their suit not be against the PL for not enforcing their rules in a timely manner? This is very weird…

Maybe if City are found guilty of their breaches (LOL), we can sue them for lost revenue as a result of the three PL titles we lost to them as a result of their doping?

Very strange precedent to set here

5 Likes

I do feel being relegated would have been more beneficial.

I said it at the end of last season.

1 Like

Do you mean Everton or Cheaty?

Everton for Everton.

Man City just need to fuck off to the Saudi league.

5 Likes

You’d think they would have been prepared for something like this happening since it was being speculated on for a while. Think 777 would just use this as an excuse to try to buy them for less.

1 Like

If I were an Everton fan and the prospect of a winnable £300m lawsuit didn’t scare off 777, I’d be very, very worried.

1 Like

Exactly.

Hoping they beat Bournemouth at the weekend.

Last thing we need is a new manager bounce right after the international break.

1 Like

I doubt while there under sale they would sack their manager.

And Duncan Ferguson isn’t available.

They’re turning corners three times already in today’s match. :rofl:

1 Like