I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

So the City punishment could be announced around 24th December?

3 Likes

Everton docked 12 points, definite relegation.

City told not to be naughty ever again.

Confirmed?

The City bit is!!

2 Likes

If Everton are docked 12 pts you would have to think relegation will happen. The part I’m most interested in is where Everton’s ‘crimes’ rank in relation to Man City’s?

Will Man City get similar points ban, such that they may have to write off the league for one season and content themselves with going for all the cups?

Or will Man City get a much more serious punishment, because what they did was so much worse?

And if so, what are we talking about? Relegation? How far down? Titles stripped?

1 Like

Non league status for a minimum of five years. All titles stripped. All current squad sold with immediate effect. Guardiola banned from football for ten years. City to be laughed at by other clubs for a decade.

1 Like

But more likely to be a slap on the wrist and told to NEVER, EVER do it again (or hide it better next time).

2 Likes

But Man City are innocent…

I’d go as far as saying that the Milk Marketing Board should make an advert with two scouse kids mocking them: “Manchester City? Who are they?”

4 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

If EFC are to be docked 12points… This is the best season for it to happen.!
Due to there being at least three crap candidates suitable and primed for relegation… If Dyche can’t finish outside of the relegation zone, even with the points deduction handicap, he should be jettisoned at the end of the season…!
Maybe, with what has happened with Bill Kenwright, it would be quite fitting if they survived with their PL status still intact, after points deduction punishment has been administered…
In fact, after watching his speech once again re Hillsborough… I actually hope his beloved Blues do survive the deduction, and remain in the PL :+1:

2 Likes

Ermm, Nah!

1 Like

Just for this season :wink:

Nope!

1 Like

I would take 12pts deduction and saved from relegation by Man City being demoted.

1 Like

Better. :grin:

2 Likes

Isn’t 12 points too less.

Well , considering they are Everton.

12 points is soft. Light punishment given early in the season and provides plenty of incentive and time to escape….and they will.

I don’t see them getting out of the relegation zone if they get deducted 12 points. It should still have a follow on points penalty in the next season as well.

Everton can drop down, use the parachute payments and still come back up immediately.

2 Likes