I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Well that is their top 4 European ambitions over for another season :0)

I think it might have the opposite effect. They have something to play for, a win right after the penalty is announced could easily be half the job done at one stroke. At the same time, the threat has been hanging over that club for months, this actually lets them take on a defined challenge instead of dreading the unknown…and wondering if their agent can get them a move in January.

3 Likes

If they were to survive with a 15 point deduction that would surely warrant an open top bus parade.

Getting a points deduction in a season with the worse three promoted sides ever. And they call us the devils club.

1 Like

Get a special DVD addition out.

They probably won’t even appeal it as it’s the best season of riding it out.

2 Likes

They are well ahead of schedule to keep themselves up with the deduction. I think their bigger problem will be 777.

2 Likes

Presumably that’s why they will appeal it. Best-run club and all, right?

Should have made it a 30 point penalty.

12 points deduction will leave them with two points. Luton has six. The point deduction won’t be fatal for Everton, sadly.

Everton should be more worried about the cases Leicester and Leeds will file. That requires quite a bit of settlement amounts

I was listening to Radio Merseyside football hour last night and they were discussing Everton. There was no mention at all of a points deduction. Is the source above reliable? This from the Liverpool Echo today…

Everton are operating in very narrow parameters and they can be only “one failed £20million transfer” away from FFP danger.

I don’t think it will happen.

People seem to be overlooking the fact check on the tweet.

2 Likes

Well that’s blown my City theory. Fuck

10 points.

5 Likes

As others have said, considering the state the previous bottom three are in, they should take it.

1 Like

Absolutely disappointing.

excited american horror story GIF

Not for Everton but what it could mean for City.

Bring it on.

6 Likes

Shame it’s come 6 months too late though when these offenses took place over a 5 year span…over 2 years ago.

Hopefully City and Chelsea will be hit similarly at the very least.

3 Likes

They will be stripped of the titles they won but only those where Man United came second. Mourinho and Solskjaer - football geniuses.