I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Crucial period for Everton coming up.

Here’s hoping they draw against city and lose against all the other teams.

Probably just lose :joy:

You can take the boy out of Everton… but you can’t take Everton out of the boy.

Mason Holgate - On-Loan to Sheffield Utd

https://twitter.com/i/status/1759221045129625602

3 Likes

cunt being a cunt. Is anyone really surprised?

1 Like

The only question there is how on Earth did the ref see that as a yellow?

3 Likes

I’m not sure.

Like I’m watching it on a tiny phone screen without my glasses and I can tell it’s bad.

1 Like

Fucking wanker :rage: And his mates trying to gaslight the ref too. Could have broken that lad’s leg :rage:

1 Like

From where he was, I don’t think he saw how high the contact was, he is screened by the BHA player’s other leg and another SU defender. He is giving it because of the way Holgate comes in, not the contact, but you can tell he is already waiting for VAR guidance - he makes no attempt to restart play.

6 Likes

The same cunt who accused Bobby of racist abuse to avoid getting sent off.

2 Likes

To me, that’s exactly how VAR should work.

Put the ref in charge of it - have him saying to the video assistant ‘From my position, I think this happened - can you confirm please’.

They’ve set up VAR to be a challenge to lads who already have an ego and complex about being in charge.

It should be an aid to their decision making, not a corrective tool.

6 Likes

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

Bang on. :+1:

1 Like

But it did what it is supposed to do without being used in that way. The ref made a decision on what he saw. The VAR gave him more/different information based on his limited view and they quickly adjusted to make the right decision.

3 Likes

What a pisstake.

2 Likes

Aren’t they up on another charge relating to last year? If so, let’s hope they get 6 points deduction from that as well. New rules mean it has to be sorted before the season ends I believe.

1 Like

Absolute joke if they’re playing now with deducting and reducing.

Don’t even deduct if you’re not 100% sure about the decision in the first place.

3 Likes

So next one should be at least 6, but surely more for repeat offenders.

1 Like

Or you build in a fall back option. I thought 10 points was harsh anyway. That should see them safe now.

Hopefully they won’t be.

The Everton thing to do would be to lose all matches from now on.

3 Likes

But they do also have a 2nd charge, so that would be another 6 points, and as a repeat offender would they maybe have a harder penalty 2nd time around?