I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Does this mean that the second charge would also carry 6 points?

If they do accept this revised punishment , would it still open the doors for the relegated clubs to continue to sue them ?

They still would have accepted their wrong doing and that carries a lot of weight.

Weak sadly, they weren’t going go down but yeah no actual reason for this other than it’s too harsh on cheaters.

1 Like

Thing is they will probably get 4 now on the next though being repeat and under new rules it should be tougher

And the end of football as far as I’m concerned draws nearer…

1 Like

That was my first thought at the announcement. One of Everton’s core arguments to the second punishment was, fairly correctly, they had already been punished for a portion of the reporting period. One reasonable response to that is then to say “ok, we’ll reduce that punishment and then hit you with a second one”.

2 Likes

I’m not perturbed by this.

Not having a robust review system would be a bigger issue. I also think it is important that the Panel focused on ‘acting in good faith’.

I think we all know who might be worried about that particular point…

It will be the 4 points they lost, maybe another 6 looking at what they got off on this time.

I can see this carrying a 6pt pen every time, issue is they’ve gone off what the football league do, repeat offences are far higher in that league so it’s sort of set a precedent that needs to be followed.

1 Like

6x115 =690

There’s a glimmer of hope

1 Like

690/114=6.05

Well, I guess that sends them to non-league (where they will continue to cheat :expressionless:)

1 Like

My friend sent me this.:rofl:

Will there be a DVD of the announcement?

Premier League Colombia GIF by Everton Football Club

1 Like

Greatest gif ever

2 Likes

https://x.com/Jim_Keoghan/status/1763974016765710363?s=20

Like they are funny…

They are just going to hand back the points they got back on appeal.

1 Like

Yup the next decision will basically take those other points away.

The Everton fellah on here always makes me laugh.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

The human form of the above gif

1 Like

Good stuff, but it got a bit messy near the end, multiple people talking at the same time, etc.