I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

Still not enough points deductions to get them relegated.

2 Likes

Good! I think both clubs could do without dickheads like that.

2 Likes

It is crazy that a disaster that far back is even relevant in fan culture. That kid wasn’t even born until 42 years after it passed.

1 Like

I think that is precisely why it is so relevant. The more distant it is the more abstract it is…the more it just becomes what young fans learn that people say at games.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I doubt that appeal on the latest points deduction is going be met with leniency.

They are an utter mess.

The people’s club eh

2 Likes

Can the league just flat-out relegate them due to all their financial fuckery? They’ve got to show some actual teeth to dissuade other clubs from doing similar, surely?

2 Likes

A further 18 point deduction should do the trick. Only because the sides below them are so dire.

Even then, I imagine Everton would go on to win their remaining games and manage to find evidence of at least 3 other teams all guilty of breaking the rules.

They are, after all like an unflushable turd

-24pts would do it.

This all flies in the face of how they’ve tried to portray themselves and their political and media friends have.

I don’t think 777 are struggling to buy them, I assume they are waiting to see what happens.

777 don’t have the money. They are still trying to raise the money from elsewhere to buy the club.

The fact that Moshiri didn’t get a partial sale done like what the Glazers did for United shows there’s no value for Everton in the football market among more credible buyers (even oil guys)

I fully expect this sale to collapse. No investor is going to lend 777 the money knowing their track record and knowing Everton’s financial troubles.⁰

1 Like

777 are also due to repay a £160 million loan on Monday to AJ Bell. They’re trying to get the repayment date pushed back.

2 Likes

If I were Everton fans, I’d be looking at massive protests.

The fact that the Everton fanbase is silent is telling. 777 aren’t going to pass the fit owners test by this point. Even Mike Ashley makes a better owner than them.

If the Cheaty and Sandcastle owners can pass, ISIS could pass.

3 Likes

Which says a lot about how dodgy 777 are if they would still fail the F&P Owners test

Liz Truss could pass the test. That means a lettuce would as well.

1 Like

Everton have appealed the second points deduction.

Oh dear… :face_with_peeking_eye: Should’ve taken JM’s advice those years ago.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1779837959577260478

Is there any downside, e.g. additional points deduction for a frivolous appeal?

Because if not, I don’t see why they shouldn’t.

2 Likes