I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

I did say a big club had to be end up in the shit for it to be taken seriously. Leeds is always blamed on one summer of gambling on Europe, but the mismanagement was more than that.

I do.

The scum need to be be placed in div 1.

And oh , a cheeky 10m bid for Braithwaite.

I expect the bitters will bite our hands off. He’s a pretty decent defender.

1 Like

Goodison is a rotten shed so there’s an option to close and refurbish / rebuild it a section at a time.

Everton went full unbridled architect mode and decided on shiny new stadium over water. Construction over water significantly increases the cost.

Never go full architect.

He’s probably their best asset right now and under different circumstances could see a John Stones like bid being made for him this summer. He’s got good relationships with several of our players already (Cody from his time at PSV and Jones and Elliott from the U21s), but I just dont think that move is possible. His life would be made hell.

3 Likes

If it happens there’s a dvd in it somewhere

Doubt there is any possibility of a move for Branthwaite, although it is worth noting that he likely doesn’t give a fuck about Everton. He’s from Carlisle.

2 Likes

Yep. Reclaiming that land in itself and filling in with soil etc will increase the cost to no end.

Yeah he’s probably their brightest hope currently. He doesn’t suit them :joy:

https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1782778382742122647

I would say reclaiming land over sea and building on top of it as much future proof planning as sticking all your life savings on a 40/1 horse.

Everton fans clearly don’t believe their penalties are justified, or that the whole regime is fair. But your point is exactly on - the fundamental purpose of FFP is not so that relatively rich clubs like LFC can compete against petrostate clubs, but to prevent the vast majority of clubs from facing absurd pressures into unsustainable spending that their owners simply cannot sustain. The only wrinkle in the Everton case is that they thought they were a club with limitless funds, and the truth has proven far different.

3 Likes

Yeah, one of the core arguments that was often laughed off as absurd was “what would happen to Chelsea if Roman just upped and fucked off? How would they be able to sustain this spending that their already committed to without his money?” Not only has the war in Ukraine shown this not to be an absurd consideration, but it’s now working its impact on its second club.

3 Likes

You have to wonder what happens next.

4 Likes

What’s the penalty for going into administration? Everton are currently 11 points ahead of Luton.

What mess. They owe £200m to 777 and are hoping to borrow more. Then they also owe £160m to MSP.

MSP could take control but i suppose they’re waiting.

1 Like

Just liquidate the cunts.

1 Like

Sounds like this is just the formality of monitoring themselves to ensure that they are not trading while insolvent, so really just directors covering their arses. Obviously not a good sign, but not actually a change in the situation either.

The real nuggets are that Everton are still waiting for £15M from 777 that was scheduled in April, and 777 isn’t paying other bills in the UK. 777 Partners are in trouble, and right now putting more cash into Everton looks like throwing money down a hole. Right after they front that £15M, they need to address the MSP £160M debt (and security), because no one is going to put a penny into completing the stadium with a second-rank security. MSP appears to just want out, and the end of season money is not that far away -probably about £120M. MSP just doesn’t want the headache of exercising the security.

So, 777 Partners know that in about seven weeks, MSP will serve a demand note of some form to take that 120M, leaving them with no cash in the club, about 200M in the hole, and a partially built stadium to finance. They know MSP doesn’t want to take over the club. So, they don’t put any more money in while force MSP to take a haircut of some kind, or at least a restructuring that puts 100M or so on the maybe-never plan. The fundamental problem is that 777 Partners needs that deal, but MSP’s position is not that weak.

At some point, I think 777 Partners gets kicked out of the deal, likely becomes a creditor themselves, MSP starts contemplating next steps (own the club), and you have a circle of 777, MSP, and Moshiri all looking at each other wondering who is going to pay the bills.

The answer is no one.

2 Likes

From the article above MSP are owned by fans of the club. Would it fair to say they obviously dont want to see it sink? But on the other hand it looks like a bottomless pit to me.

Someone is going to get hammered finacially here, Moshiri most certainly, and the club remains in a hole.

Whats the club worth as it stands? Not a lot given the outstanding commitments i guess.

MSP seem like they could potentially take the ground and land, wonder if Goodison is also tied in that.

Remember while this is going on they are appealing a 2pt penalty :joy: