I’ll have a bitter please...It’s the Everton thread

They looked fine for 87 minutes against Bournemouth before screwing the pooch bigtime.

They were okay in phases against Brighton. Dire AF against Spurs though.

Teams probably know that Everton players tire quicker ( playing with Young , Coleman etc does that) and wait for their time to put the sword across. Players playing alongside the geriatrics get tired more too as they’ve got more work to do

I do think Dyche has got them playing further up the field so far this season. I don’t know what the rationale behind that is but it’s getting the players knackered and the substitutes aren’t upto grade.

m not sure even Liverpool fans havee watched it that many times

They seem to defy expectations at times, feels like we’ve been here before.

6 Likes

If I had watched it that often, I’d have been red raw down there.

1 Like

How many times is Dyche going to see this match ?

1 Like

He should have just waited a week or so instead of watching the last one 47 times.

Blowing a 2-0 lead and getting nothing from what could have been a pivotal win is one of those events that leaves scars

2 Likes

And they did it

4 Likes

Blueshite putting out a box set :0)

Will make it to their end of season DVD.

Yeah , the blueshites should still make those. Seeing as they continue to live in the past.

Wouldn’t that mean they make a VHS, that would be around the time they were last relevant

A DVD is them trying to show they are still relevant.

1 Like

A box set, as in, every episode ends with the same scoreline.!

25.8%

That’s how much possession they had against Southampton last night whilst getting knocked out of the EFL cup…at home…pathetic.

Dyche will be out of work soon. Bet he cant wait

4 Likes

He’s got till this December.

Everton cant afford to fire him. The incoming ownership can and mostly will.

Just hope we give them a sound trashing and then he can go fuck off.

1 Like

Did they field a really weak side? That is quite a grim result/performance otherwise.

Not sure if that counts as a weakened side considering the first string xi isn’t any better. Still shouldn’t be 25% possession at home against a very weak southampton side.

Not many starters, though you would have to look at the side Southampton put out. But that kind of possession at home is striking, possibly a sign of a team is already mentally beaten.

2 Likes

Not sure how many are starters for Southampton on this one. Lallana probably isn’t a starter anymore.

Tbf Soton’s 2nd team is probably stronger than Everton’s first & I think Soton have averaged about 55% possession this season.

A draw between 2 championship standard sides is about right, then pens is just a toss of a coin.