Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

Sounds like they’re worried we might not follow up our interest and are hoping to tempt a few more into bidding.

If that call to us actually happened, in what world we say “yeah he’s top of our list, we’re just getting things sorted with him and then we’ll BACS you the cash”. Especially as the first thing they’ve done is feed the story to the press.

2 Likes

Bild saying we aren’t in for him either now.

FourFourTwo saying United are interested,

We seem to be more cautious after the VVD debacle so it wouldn’t surprise me if we were trying to negotiate and then someone in his camp leaked the news which Ornstein got from a source. That might be why we have denied it.

Also, we could have just decided his injury issues aren’t worth it.

Didn’t want him anyway

1 Like

sulk no GIF by Un si grand soleil

2 Likes

Christian Falk suggesting Konate’s release clause is lower than previously reported.

Also some far less reliable sources suggesting we’ve agreed terms with the player.

TRUE ✅ Ibrahima Konaté (21) is cheaper than expected for @LFC. His release clause at @DieRotenBullen is between 32.5 and 34 million Euros pic.twitter.com/lm1lBqxznC

— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) April 9, 2021

Big Hero GIF

1 Like

Everyone is worried about Matip and Gomez and their injuries, but the one that really matters is VvD.

Whoever partners VvD will look world class. Any of our defence combinations mentioned without him will look average. (Even with Konate)

Most of Matips career here (before VvD) he has not looked outstanding, and I remember his performances in partnership with Lovren. Matip and Gomez rarely (have they ever ?) played together. Neither are what I would call leaders.

For me the center back that we sign must be a leader, and organiser, someone you look at and say I could see him as a future captain. Given the risk VvD is not fit next season.

3 Likes

RB Leipzig centre-back Ibrahima Konaté has played down speculation linking him with a summer switch to Liverpool.

“There are a lot of rumors in football, and many believe them immediately. But neither me nor my representatives have received a call from Liverpool”, Konaté told Bild.

"In addition, I still have big goals with RB Leipzig. These include doing as well as possible in the Bundesliga, to reach the cup final and the European Under-21 Championship with France.

“I have a contract until 2023, and contracts are there to be fulfilled,” underlined the centre-back.

The 21-year-old has played for Leipzig since 2017, making 91 appearances with four goals and an assist to his name.

1 Like

His primary goal at the moment should be trying to get a game for Leipzig.

4 Likes

Contracts are there to be fulfilled…

i.e. lower my release clause and accept what Liverpool are offering, or I will hit you right in the Bosman?

1 Like

Some very sketchy sources saying this is done and will be announced 1st May.

Is this the start of an FSG effort to get the fans back on side I wonder or business as usual now that the Super League chat is off the table.

This rumour has been going for weeks. No relation to FSG being coy.

1 Like

32 million agreed. Will be announced 1st of May according to @leahsmith

Who? Really… Who?? (10 chars)

This person?

https://twitter.com/LeahSmith_/status/1380592071342489602?s=20

Sounds like she’s full of shit personally…

1 Like

Journalist it seems. A few more sources coming out now saying the same :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

She’s not a journalist, she’s a blogger for a Man Utd fan forum.

3 Likes

Her account was made 5th of April this year… Pictures of burning Utd shirts… I smell mm bullshit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Jesus that’s not great lol. Ah well

1 Like

If this rumor is true… We should still take up the option and buy Kabak.

As we don’t know how fully recovered VVD and Gomez will be next season.
Plus it makes it easier to move on injury prone Matip at the appropriate time.

Which would leave us with VVD, Konate, Gomez, Kabak and N. Phillips ( I would like to keep if possible)… Nate and Fabinho being emergency options.

1 Like