Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

Who are the players Leipzig has sold recently? Don’t think the buying teams have fared well. :wink:

2 Likes

Hes got a good record. Very reliable.

Indeed we shall see 1st of May. Hope it is true, he’s an elite talent.

2 Likes

Isn’t he injury prone.

I don’t feel excited about this transfer. There is a huge potential, but too many worrying signs.

He has started exactly 12 games for the last 2 seasons for RB Leipzig. Since October 2019 Ibrahima has been injured overall for 13 months.

Another injury prone defender is noot what we need and I am not overly excited by the two players we already signed from the RB organizaton - Keita and Minamino.

With Matip and Gomez we have two injury prone central defenders. I am afraid that if we sign the young frenchman, we will have to rely heavily on VvD.

Strange transfer in my opinion /and I am sure that most of the fans here will give me a negative reply :slight_smile: /, but I am never afraid to speak what I think.

Like signing Tiago, while we needed a central defender. Nine months after we signed 30 years old Alcantara it is obvious that he is not what we needed last summer.

Keeping Kabak and Philips and saving money for midfielder and forward looks like the best possible decision. The Turk has just started to adapt to our style, he is very young and his fitness record is much better than Konate’s. Philips could be a very useful 5th option and it is obvious that with the COVID-19 money will be a problem.

We need a central midfielder /because this is another zone where we are left with too many injury prone or aging players - Milner, Keita, AOC, Shaqiri and on top of that Gini is leaving/.

We also need at least one forward, because there is CAN, Salah will probably go to the Olympics and Firmino /who looks drained/ will play an exhausting season with Copa America on the horizon. Absolutely the same is valid abot Mane.

A real good option in attack and a quality midfielder will cost at least 80 mln. pounds combined. Hopefully the club will support the manager, not like the winter when he had to wait till the final day of the January transfer window to sign Kabak and Davies. And by the way Ben is a very curious case, looks like Klop does not trust him at all. Even Rhys Williams played several minutes for the last 3 months, but Davies is still warming the bench. I am not sure that Juergen was 100% convinced about this transfer.

On a more positive note - if Konate somehow stays fit for a prolonged period of time, he has the necessary abilites to be one of the most dominat center-backs in the league. Problem is that he reminds me too much of Joe Gomez. Great potential, discipline, character, but injuries always stop him when he has to make the next step /becoming world class player/.

Only time will tell if I am right or wrong, but if we sign Konate I will only wish him the best of luck and having long and successful career for LFC.

1 Like

Depends on your definition. Seems one big injury that resulted in a second shorter absence after a reoccurance and then one other unrelated injury.

If you think Gomez is injury prone rather than unlucky to have picked up a couple significant ones then you’ll probably call him injury prone.

1 Like

I am worried about the injuries.

Yes he has only really had two injuries that have been concerning.

However he’s young and also not really had much opportunity to get injured much. Especially with the time he’s missed because of these injuries.

Will have to trust our medical department and the thorough check they’ll be doing before he joins.

You follow a lot of Bundesliga, so I’ll take your word for it. He looks a really exciting prospect. :+1:t2:

However, for 100% security, I’ll await @Zoran’s verdict, the oracle of TAN. If he gives the green light too, then we are set for a hell of a signing! :wink: :laughing:

5 Likes

@GermanRed @Werder4life @Eintrachtfan

Maybe they could also know more?

2 Likes

@Livvy @Bekloppt

2 Likes

We’ll see how much you love it when he gets injured in his first game for us :wink:

I’m out.

I’ve seen more of Tsimikas than games with Konaté involved :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Same here. Just have to trust the scouts. I hope we keep Kabak and let Matip go.

2 Likes

Yeah much as I like Matip (and have found him to be a great servant) he is made of glass and is just not available nearly as much as he should be. Kabak is starting to show some glimpses of potential…(and just as I write about the latter, he gets a yellow. Still, rather him than Matip based on availability alone IMHO).

3 Likes

Konate could be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
On the other hand he could also be the next Keita.

Injuries aside how high do you rate him?

Err didnt Ornstein pretty much launch this rumour a few weeks back.

They treat it like it’s Woodward and Bernstein and if they had already been told about Watergate from Nixon himself.

1 Like

I don’t know who instigated the rumour. Did Ornstein claim it was done for 1st May and for £32m?

And do we know that? Or will we ever know that.

Sorry but it’s a transfer rumour, the way they pat themselves on the back, do some proper journalism.

2 Likes

I had the Leipzig match on today and Konate came off at halftime, replaced by Upamecano. I had the sound down as I was doing some house work so not sure if it was tactical or he picked up a knock.