Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

Honestly if he’s reporting it, it’s likely solid intel. If anything, he gets ripped on for “piggybacking” or cherry picking information that he knows is solid and pretends as tho he’s breaking it.

Was bang on it seems

Nothing decided on Kabak according to the same Journalist Romano. I think he will be sent back

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a certainty of keeping Kabak if we sign Konate at the stated fee… It will depend on progress of our returning CBs. And whether we spend big on other positions that need to be filled.

If both Kabak and Konate are bought…
I could see VVD and Konate being first choice pairing… And Gomez, Kabak and Matip fighting for 2nd choice pairing.
And there will be some rotation with pairings to keep everyone fresh and hopefully for the most part, injury free next season.

1 Like

Ignoring the injuries for a bit it’s an absolute phenomenal signing and one to be excited about. I’m thrilled he’ll be a Liverpool player. Just have to keep him healthy. Fantastic physical tools and everything The Boss loves in a defender. Has been compared to Virg in the past but I always find comparisons to be a bit flimsy.

EDIT: we will, without any doubt, be able to effectively play the high line with him that The Boss loves.

5 Likes

How did he do against us this season. I know they lost but individually did he hold up okay? Or struggle? Also think this leak was pushed forward due to the controversy over the Super League imo

Can we offer Keita as return???

2 Likes

I would imagine Matip will go. Good player, not available nearly enough because of injuries, and if we have Gomez, Konate and Kabak even if fit he might not get much of a look in. Still, his wages and injury recovery will likely mean he stays here for a bit longer, but that’s OK, as there are question marks, to one degree or another, over most of them, with returning from injury, getting up to speed, and so on.

Still, when everyone gets there it will be one too many, but I’m sure we will sort that in due course.

If it all goes well we will have the position sorted for the generation after VVD too, though obviously he has a lot of football to play for us yet.

2 Likes

He is 1.94 and fast do a CB come in a better package than that? don’t think so. Love this signing.

2 Likes

Other than the stuff about there not being a release clause and the amount? So basically she was right only in that we were interested, something already widely reported for weeks?

As for Fabrizio, I think he’s solid. I’d put him in the reliable bracket.

2 Likes

Yes. 1.93m and faster.

When the links started a while ago I looked into him a bit. Looks to have all the physical gifts to be very good indeed, and I liked the way he tackled too, as he seemed to anticipate.

One slight question mark over fitness record, which has been done to death on here (!) but suffice to say, the club will have much more expertise and knowledge on that score, and if they are satisfied, bring it on!

2 Likes

Actually, I need to retract. I thought we were looking at the tweet posted in the thread but this is the relevant one

Notable that Fabrizio applauds her for breaking it

1 Like

A bit more reliably fit maybe?

2 Likes

Guardian saying we’ll do it (Romano reporting)

6 Likes

This is a really good signing and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Get hyped bc Konate is quality. Still young and plenty of room for development. He only turns 22 in May. Physically and stylistically he’s exactly what The Boss wants.

Just put the injury concerns to the side and allow yourselves to be excited about this one.

7 Likes

Now it’s getting serious. :+1:

1 Like

fuck it. im in.

4 Likes

Konate reported as a done deal. If Virgil and Gomez return healthy next season, LFC could go from having the worst backline in the premier league to having the best one for 2021/2022 season!! Exciting stuff! Only question… do we also pick up the option to buy Kabak?

I don’t think there’s any excuse for our recent home form (bar the last game), but now I completely understand how losing Kompany and Laporte must have hurt City in the title race. van Dijk and Gomez come back healthy and we get this fella and we’ve got three combinations of two top CBs we can play at any given time. To think he’s not even 22 yet (he and Gomez turn 22 and 24 in May, respectively) means we could have options for a while.

1 Like