Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

Romano is pretty solid imo. Not sure why some people question his info as much as they do.

4 Likes

He used to be pretty bad if I’m honest went for sensational tales, isn’t as bad now.

Are you sure you’re thinking of the same guy?

1 Like

Are you not thinking of Tancredi?

1 Like

Fabrizio “here we go” Romano appears to be more credible than I thought. Fair play to him.

Here we go.

5 Likes

He does have the verbiage of a twitter ITK but his actual intel seems fairly decent.

5 Likes

Maybe I am

Or maybe they crossed over in my mind after a couple of false dawns.

4 Likes

This is something one of my Italian friends told me about Romano few years back. He is very knowledgeable about Italian football (probably worked/works with Sky Italy) and is authoritative about things going on there.

Regarding his leads about other leagues, he depends on his professional network and personal grapevines. Since he isn’t in touch with the regular vibes of those leagues and depends on secondary sources, he is less than an authority about non-Italian football.

3 Likes

He was the first to break the Thiago story. I thought he was bullshitting but he was 100% correct.

5 Likes

Maybe because he’s posting a lot, some of his tweets are really similar. Konate to Liverpool par example, about 30 almost identical tweets.

I think he’s good, but of course he’s also trying his best to attract more follows/likes as well. We don’t have to exaggerate. He doesn’t need to get everything right. For now still, he’s good.

3 Likes

Yeah he is better than the obvious bullshitters

1 Like

With his injury record I don’t see how he physically stands up to the rigours of a Klopp team.

Not to pick up on your specifically but I’ve seen several similar comments ,what is your basis for he is injury prone?

He’s had 1 serious injury which isn’t one which has a habit of re-occuring. The long absence from injury is actually the fact he was injured over Christmas/summer breaks which make it look far worse.

He isn’t “injury prone” at all, he’s had some injuries, like pretty much most footballers. Van Dijk for example has injured his ankle and thigh, missing 20+ games whilst at Southampton. Is he injury prone?

The more pertiment point is when he was fit why is he not starting.

2 Likes

The biggest question I have is how he became interesting?
I mean Sochaux is the center of nothing!

Maybe I’m missing something but didn’t he have that recurring muscle fibre injury which kept him out for the better part of 12 months then got hit with an ankle injury not 2 months later?

I’m assuming here the muscle fibre injury is nothing related to the ankle…

In any case its too early in his career to label him injury prone, but without question he’s a greater risk than a young player with no injury record.

He did but it was the same injury but listed as 3 separate ones due to the transition from season to summer to winter etc. I’ll try and find the article I read but it basically said it wasn’t a recurring injury it was resolved and had pretty much zero chance of it happening again.

*Edit found it

1 Like

I read that he had surgeryon the muscle fibre injury after failing to come back a couple of times. I understand how the muscle fibre injuries are all the same injury, but thought that the ankle injury that kept him out of Dec to Feb must be different as it’s classified as a different injury.

Quite a few young players came from there. Maybe their academy is decent.

1 Like

Oh! can you give me some examples?
Monaco has always been reputed, Montpellier had a moment and more recently Rennes. Of course Nantes was a big center for forming players way back in the day. Sochaux? I have no clue. :wink:

The only one I know of is Thuram, but I do recall reading something about them being considered a good academy.

1 Like