Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

I’m completely out of date so could be so even if I doubt it, I mean it’s Sochaux nobody ever talks about Sochaux. :rofl:

1 Like

Kabak played more this season that Konate in two…

1 Like

I Konate believe we’re in for him until I see the lean.

9 Likes

It’s not exactly an amazing list but looks like Marvin Martin, Jeremy Menez, Marcus Thuram, Maxence Lacroix and Jerome Roussillon are the best known former youth players.

2 Likes

Didn’t know that Marvin the Martian played football, you learn something every day.

7 Likes
4 Likes

They sound pretty sure about that.

He can penetrate the opponent’s midfield with his powerful runs, 1 meter 94 so we have a threat when we get a corner again.

Van Dijk, Konaté, Gomez, Matip and Phillips sounds about right. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Anything from Melissa Reddy yet? Considering the array of people reporting it, I think it’s done.

1 Like

Lining up nicely for that 31st of May date that was rumoured

1 Like
3 Likes

Well that’s a coordinated set of reporting. Guess we can tick this one off as done baring him falling down the stairs and breaking his leg.

8 Likes

Or getting injured in the under 23s Euros…errrrr

2 Likes

Or accidentally bumping into Matip onto his way into Kirkby putting them both out for six months.

1 Like

We’re not Man City, so cannot afford an Eliaquim Mangala type situation.

With VVD and Gomez coming back from long serious injuries, plus Matip being Matip, then Konate needs to fit in quickly.

We can’t have another prone to injury player, so hopefully if we get him, the medical staff will have done their due diligence.

3 Likes

If it’s £36m, then he becomes our 7th most expensive ever signing.

1 Like
4 Likes

Yeah, that’s some hefty price. Although release-clause is meant to be restrictive. I hope he proves immense for us. :palms_up_together:

Possibly a long term stylistical replacement for Virgil, although that is long down the road. Virgil still has a good few more years (though not a lot) and we first have to see how Konate does after a little while.

2 more experienced CB’s in Virgil and Matip and 2 more “younger” (not young, but having years ahead) in Gomez and Konate.

We probably think Konate for this price has a high ceiling with his physical attributes and technical capabilities. Get him physically ready to have longer periods being fit and let him blossom into a pretty complete CB.

7 Likes

I know I shouldn’t get too excited about this one, but I can’t help to be. Despite having never seen him play live, and thus having only few infos about him (essentially from this forum), I’ve a good feeling about this lad all round.

6 Likes

That’s my feeling as well. I think we’ll look back in a few years and think £35mil is a steal for this guy.

3 Likes