Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

I agree but with Nat Phillips you meant : indestructible

Fucking hell…

The joy of bringing in a CB and how it had seriously turned to “ah fuck” when you realise he has had injury problems of his own.

Hope it works out

1 Like

Lets hope he turns out better than the last lad we signed from these lot.

2 Likes

Why is Romano still muttering 35m???

2 Likes

2132 mins :rofl: Matip would be proud :stuck_out_tongue:

thats really not that remarkable to be honest.

given that transfer prices, even in a COVID enviroment have traditionaly moved upwards year on year.

itd be interesting to see it adjusted for transfer inflation…for instance he may be statistically 1m more expensive than Salah in dollar terms, its crazy to suggest hes more expensive in regards to the market.

when Salah was fetching 35mil, a Konate equivilant 22 year old centre back would have been lucky to get half that value.

when you think any given club would be busy to sign 2 marque signings a season, then that gives you 3-4 years for that value to appreciate…its really not that remarkable, in a remarkable kind of way…

2 Likes

We could camp 8 players in the opposition box now and leave him and Virg to cover the rest of the pitch no worries. Bring on the ultra high line.

4 Likes

I think this was why Kabak wasn’t kept. We’ve seen the value of Matip and VVD both defensively and offensively, particularly against the type of sides we have struggled against. Unlike Utd, we don’t get penalties awarded to us freely, so have to make corners and set pieces count more.

6 Likes

@redfanman I think so too. For me, Kabak fit most criteria in terms of what I’m guessing we look for in a cb. Height/aerial dominance was probably the one where the box couldn’t be checked. And it’s a crucial one in terms of not getting put under pressure. We’ve seen it when none of Van Dijk or Matip are playing that it’s possible to pin us back by going long and win headers. And while Kabak is decent in aerial duels, Klopp probably wants better.

3 Likes

Agree, Kabak was a little slow and not what I’d call dominate in the air. Two elements key to making it here probably.

2 Likes

We are usually one of the best sides for winning aerial duels but this season we were 5th worst.

2 Likes

Van Dijk, Phillips, Davies sounds more like it to me looking at that. :crazy_face:

I hope I’m not reading that chart correctly. Why so much dribbling, lack of forward passing and lots of shooting for a defender.
If I have this right if he wins the ball he dribbles to the other end ignoring passing options and if he gets in range takes a shot? :crazy_face: :rofl:

Great we’re signing a CB, hope he stays fit and we see the best of him. However I’m a little underwhelmed, his injury record is quite worrying and paying the full release fee up front to RB after the Keita calamity? Mickey needs to work on his German!

2 Likes

He’ll turn our number of French-speaking players with Sadio and Naby to three and then just one more needed for a quartet. Now who is it that might fill that role? Um…

Our Portugese-speaking quintet are all very much part of a very tight group. Something that was 100% part of our fantastic run-in.

2 Likes

As soon as Budesliga is mentionned in connection with transfers I get nervous. Matip (Injuries and tactically insane at the start of his LFC career), Keita (Injuries, inconsistent and imo dross), Thiago (Targetted by thugs took his time to manage the intensity otherwise very good could become extremely good). I suppose 1 in 3 of my examples isn’t bad going however we just don’t do enough in the transfer market to miss like that.

Include Bobby and it’s 2 in 4

Before Klopps time!
Also debateable imo since Klopps arrival, it’s more than 2 years now since Firmino showed any of his real ability.

Edit: Emre Can? That would cause debate. :wink:

That’s the future evolution of the defenders. Then we will just field 11 of those, who needs forwards when your defenders are scoring and assisting 10+ per season :slight_smile:

1 Like