ICC 2024 Cricket World T20

It’s not a great squad.

Indian selectors had the chance to pick people based on recent form i.e IPL and they’ve not done that.

Srilanka vs South Africa coming up.

1 Like

The stadium looks really awesome. Even if the stands are temporary.

The less said about that game the better

1 Like

It’s hardly going to spread the game in the States.

Some crap overs from Jordan and Rashid there. Scotland have a decent chance of pulling off an upset if the weather stays away.

I see Englands greatest ever player coming to their rescue once again :rofl:

Such a shame as Scotland were in a really good position to have put a massive score on the board so would have liked to see if England chase it down

Pakistan doing their best to play to the level of the opposition.

28/3 vs USA

1 Like

Well that made this a bit more exciting

That’s why Pak cricket is so interesting.

They’ll probably end up winning this shit after this clusterfuck.

3 Likes

The great Pakistani team of the 90s used to keep ODIs so unpredictable - they could defend 130 at Bellerive and then make 250 and still chuck it away next game. Lived that bowling attack of Wasim Akram, Wakar Younis, Mushtaq Ahmed and Saqlain Mushtaq. More variation and excitement that McGrath, Warne et al.

2 Likes

This Pakistan team ain’t great though. They have a bunch of useful cricketers and some absolute dross.

But they get some luck here and there.

Omg! Pakistan being beaten by USA in the cricket is like Brazil being beaten by Fiji in the football. :astonished:

My Pakistani friends are not happy bunnies.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Wait, what? I don’t know much about cricket, or physics, but even I know this is not possible. I didn’t know they’d even heard of cricket in the US?

2 Likes

Plenty of Indian and other expats play cricket. And quite clearly, the standard has improved.

2 Likes

Only since they appointed @Alright_Now_Legend as head coach.

His motivational speeches are legendary: he threatens to compose an Amorim “That’s amore” ditty for the worst player in the game.

3 Likes

I hear some of them feel that there’s a word missing between Now and Legend that starts with the letter A

1 Like

Absolute?

2 Likes

I’ll have you all know I opened and bowled leg spin for Wilson house at Cathedral. I was a mix of Chandrasekhar and Gavaskar. I was watching Rohit against Ireland and I evidently inspired his off the backfoot pulled shots.

On a separate note, Imran Khan once refused to sign an autograph for me when I was 7. Apparently his hand hurt. I hope India trounces them to avenge that ignominy.

Tbf, Majid felt bad and signed one.

1 Like