ICC 2024 Cricket World T20

When Imran’s star shines dim
And you rely on Quasim
That’s Amorim

3 Likes

If he met you now, it would be his head that would hurt.

1 Like

The first international cricket match was held between the USA and Canada.

Thought I’d drop that in.

3 Likes

Good win for Afghanistan against New Zealand, on these type of pitches they are a very dangerous team.

And SL lose again, this time to Bangladesh. Will need favours from associate nations to progress now.

1 Like

Proteas struggling against Netherlands.

This NY pitch is diabolical.

England losing to Australia by about 40 runs with wickets in the shed, a real tame effort.

Great to see my mate Bairstow and Archer stopping in the field to look at each other rather then the ball.

Pakistan surely aren’t going to conspire to find a way to mess this up…

1 Like

Congratulations to me.

And to some albeit a lesser extent @Sithbare @Colossal_centre_back and @ShadesOfRed.

Tbf the US will more of a challenge than Pakistan.

2 Likes

Boring match.

Slept after Dube’s dismissal

1 Like

India about to become the next Yankee scalp??

Nope. Did give a scare though.

1 Like

Aussies ?

We’ve already discussed this at work, and I think we all agree it would be awesome if it happened just for the fun of it, but I just don’t think the Aussies would do it. Not because I think they are above it, but because presumably England would be an opponent to one of Australia’s rivals in the next round. I don’t want any opponent to have an easy path to the final.

Playing god with who your opponents are in the next round tends to bite you on the arse.

3 Likes

We can beat Scotland and still send England home on NRR which would be the preferable option to me.

Last thing i want is another scandal regarding the aussie cricket team after sandpaper-gate

2 Likes

What’s with this “Super 8” bollocks? It’s the quarter finals.

3 Likes

Aussies might be horrific sandpapering cheats but the idea of them not giving 100% on the pitch in a game can only exist in the mind of somebody who’s never met or played against an Australian.

Two groups of 4 each playing three matches a piece.

Basically trying to ensure max revenue which comes when India qualify for semis

I saw something this morning, but can’t remember where now that was saying if Aus were to throw the game or try to manipulate the result then Marsh as captain would get a 2 match ban. Knowing that, I think the Aussies woudl be making sure they don’t fuck up now.

1 Like

That reminds me. Congratulations to me again on a famous victory.

3 Likes