ICC 2024 Cricket World T20

Well I mean that was pretty ruthless by England. Feel sorry for the semi professional cricketers having to deal with Wood bowling 95mph at them.

Chase within 32 balls and NRR will be better than Scotland’s, should be more than doable. Hazlewood’s daft comments fortunately for him should be irrelevant then.

Well that was quick. Only the 19 balls needed.

Ah the day has come where England are thrilled to beat Oman to get a better run rate than arch rival Scotland.

Gotta love a World Cup.

5 Likes

Comedy bowling by Australia but credit to their batters for chasing it down.

Evidently some couldn’t give a toss which is fair.

Probably gave England a fright before finishing the match.

1 Like

A bit harsh on Scotland, but now they can say that they are better at cricket than football :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Group A
Afghanistan
Australia
Bangladesh (Most likely)
India

Group B
England
South Africa
USA
West Indies

I fancy Afghanistan might upset one of the big boys in that group.

Does show that it’s getting stronger especially amongst the associate nations

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

T20 and 50-over is showing strong development in the 2nd teir nations, but would love to see Test cricket getting similar attendtion to development. Would love to see each touring country play at least 1 test against some of the 2nd tier teams to push test cricket to a higher level.

3 Likes

I agree

1 Like

I agree also. However, I wonder if it is more likely that 1st tier nations, such as the West Indies, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, loose interest in tests…

edit, I’d put India there also

2 Likes

Bangladesh :bangladesh: managed to restrict mighty Nepal :nepal: under 100. :partying_face::star_struck:

2 Likes

Lockie Ferguson just bowled four maidens. Doubt that will ever be seen again in a T20.

3 Likes

First in a World Cup, second internationally (first was a Canadian vs Panama (World Cup qualifying(2021))

1 Like

I did read that it was only the 2nd time in an international, but the report never mentioned who the first was. Saad Bin Zafar definitely could become a great pub quiz tie breaker question.

For the record, he bowled 4 overs, 4 Maidens, 2 Wickets.

2 Likes

I accomplished that feat on several occasions as a leg spinner even on pitches that weren’t giving me much.

1 Like

So why did you switch to Korma :thinking:

1 Like

While you always have a horrid attitude toward me, I have an open heart and would like to congratulate you on Bangladesh’s win.

2 Likes

Bestie

Wait, what win?

2 Likes

The tremendous win over Nepal while you had lost power.

2 Likes