Ismaïla Sarr (RW/LW) Watford

Do it again

5 Likes

Remember the days when Spurs would scupper our deals, have to say I felt quite comfortable with our position in the market (though hoped we would reinforce near the end).

We’ve improved in my view and that’s after a season in which we could have sacked off the season post lockdown,

4 Likes

Pretty sure Mane said to Deeney for him to “take care of my boy.” Obviously they got relegated so that didn’t happen, so now the big boys have to come in and rescue him. :laughing:

2 Likes

Wasn’t even in the squad in a friendly against Spurs, in the Championship against Middlesbrough and Oxford in the League Cup.

Is he injured or is his departure already agreed?

Perhaps they agreed that he wouldn’t take part as negotiations are on and the market is open.

let’s hope AFCON gets moved back to the summer.

Sarr adds something to our forward rotation that we would benefit from - blazing pace. He’s a quality dribbler as well. This is what Sadio said about Sarr last season before we played Watford:

"“He’s rapid. I think defenders will struggle. Last time I was speaking to Robbo (Andy Robertson) I said ‘Watford have a really good player. I will need to help you more otherwise Ismaila Sarr will kill you, because he is a good dribbler and very, very fast’.”

2 Likes

Hmmm, haven’t seen anything of him except the two games we played last season. He did pretty well in the final game pre-lockdown, didn’t he?

Price seems a bit steep though. Maybe if we use the same payment plan as we did for Thiago, except this time we pay 1 pound a day for the next 40,000,000 days? If Edwards can pull that off…

2 Likes

What I did see of him he looked ok, but yeah price is step. Definitely a good addition to our squad if we can get him at a decent price. I have faith Kloop and co can turn him into something special

Time for Sadio to put a quick call across to Sarr.

Sarr needs to say that the only club he would want to move to is Liverpool. This stops a bidding war

2 Likes

Isn’t that exactly the same tactic from Barca players etc that we despised so much when it was our players being targeted?

4 Likes

It’s a tactic all teams use. Remember Agent Bobby convincing Fabinho to reject Man Utd and join us?

1 Like

Nah my issue is when they pretend the manager is a massive Cnut and pretend to have back problems.

That’s when I generally get a bit pissed off.

7 Likes

Players talk.

You’d have to be seriously deluded if you didn’t think the Mane has been all over this - probably with the blessing/instruction of Klopp.

If I was a manager and I wanted a player at another club and his bestie played for me that’s what I’d do.

Watford looking for £40m in this market and after being relegated ?

They’re having a laugh aren’t they ?

They’ll be lucky to recoup what they paid for him from us.

He’d be a useful addition but I wouldn’t be that bothered if it doesn’t happen. We’ve still got Origi , Shaq and Wilson.

1 Like

Edwards will moderate Watford’s unrealistic expectations on fee

1 Like

If Bournemouth can get £40m+ for Ake, then i can’t see why Watford wouldnt consider a similar fee for a forward to be realistic - particularly if the team looking to buy is already the top team in the league. Particularly when Villa have just signed a player without premier league experience for about £30m.

1 Like

If they stick to 36-40 mil then no way.

IF they reduce it and we can get a staggered payment deal going then sure. But i guess this move will depend on departures happening.

The difference is Barca do it openly. There’s one thing when players talk to their friends/international team mates, telling them how great it is at their club, and another when that then gets passed to the media. We’ve seen it before, shit like “Coutinho is being held hostage, said player x and would be great at Barca, imploring him to push for the move”.