January Transfer Window 2021

Here we go then…

Let’s see if we are active or not. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not. (More characters needed)

1 Like

So I’ll post here.

2 Likes

Vranckx was linked with Liverpool a while back, Man City even, I think.

1 Like

Bet you said that this summer too and then came Thiago and Jota. :smiley:

1 Like

Probably. I can’t remember that far back.

2 Likes

Will Origi stay or leave???

And Tsimikas

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if we bring a central defender in. If we do, it will be a long term target, not a panic buy. We don’t panic. We would rather go with what we’ve got, and to be fair they are doing well - Fab, Matip, Williams and Philips.

If we sign someone they will have every chance to go to the top of that bunch and then presumably fight it out with Gomez to be Van Dijk’s main partner once everyone is back. Otherwise, I’d leave it alone. We don’t need a cb to make up the numbers. Williams and Philipps are ably doing that, and fair play to them.

4 Likes

Yes don’t want some stopgap, I’ll go with Phillips and Williams. If we are bringing in someone it will be the one we have our eyes on for this summer.

BT Sports documentary on Jean-Marc Bosman…

Thought I’d put it here, as we wait for transfer moves next month.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hope he changes agents if we are in for him( Mino Raiola)
2 Likes

Dominik Szoboszlai Officially signs with RB Leipzig.

2 Likes

Another decent CB would be good. Rhys and Nat have done well but with them lacking experience and Matip being so fragile we could get caught out at the business end of the season.

2 Likes

If a long term target is available in January, buy! If it is a stop gap, I’d rather persist with Williams and Phillips as back up to Fabinho and Matip.

Just depends.

3 Likes

i think if its up to Origi he would stay, he LOVES Liverpool, playing for this club even in a limited capacity. but its not all up to him is it. he is very valuable and management might decide to cash in…

1 Like

Origi needs to move on and if there’s a deal to be done with Wolves, or whoever, we should do it for all concerned. He has a sort of cult hero status for some big goals and a song to go with it. He gave us some highs at crucial moments and that will never be forgotten.

But generally he is not as good as we feel he should be. We look at him and see a big strong fella, fast, fast feet, good shot, and when you consider these attributes you would think he might be knocking on the door and pushing the front three, but that ship has long since sailed and Jota is way ahead of him.

He is mid 20s and on the occasions when he does get a look in he fails to make a strong case for himself. If there’s a deal to be done, sell.

There’s still an outside chance he will have a purple patch or even kick on if he moves, and we might regret it, but if he does that at Wolves, I could accept it and wish him well.

1 Like
1 Like

To love Liverpool as a supporter, fan, staff, coach, agent etc is one thing but as a player, you need to perform on the pitch as well and unfortunately Origi hasn’t done that for a long time.

2 Likes