Joe GOMEZ: 2021/22

He is pretty robotic, but he is so fast that he still provides a really useful outlet out there. He is good enough with the ball that he will find an interesting pass if you don’t pressure him, but if you do he can blow by you with a mini Adama type move. The extra solidity defensively doesnt hurt either.

I warned as soon as the last injury was diagnosed that his come back would likely take longer than Virgil’s and so I’ve been willing to treat this season as one of gradual return to proper fitness. Im hoping the stories of his desire to find more regular football are wide of the mark as a healthy gomez is one who is still very valuable to us.

2 Likes

Shame he then spoiled it by deciding to study Andy’s shooting :innocent:

1 Like

His play style at right back reminds me a lot of Kyle Walker. Solid, dependable, excellent recovery pace, able to play simple pass and move style systems to get to the byline to cut it back. If we didn’t have Trent you’d never think Gomez wasn’t one of the best right backs in the league.

3 Likes

Keep him over there, he’s found his mojoe again.

2 Likes

Mods? Mods??

3 Likes

Excellent last night and should have had an assist if Sadio had his shooting boots on

2 Likes

Poster called prolix who only makes 2 word posts or gifs.

Mods? Mods?

It was only a joke, mate.

Happy Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

Speaking of nicknames, I often wonder if the key to Man City unexpectedly dropping points this season and the cure for cancer being found lies in me finding out what @ILLOK’s means.

I was dead serious, pal.

marcy borders mirror GIF

1 Like

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

1 Like

It’s something boring like I Love Liverpool OK.

It’s definitely not, I Love Licking Out Kopstar. Even though that might be true.

Very nice player to have in reserve when needed.

Hopefully his injuries behind him and he can work his way back into the picture for club and country,

Fuck the country. Injured every time he goes and plays for England and gets booed by the ‘supporters’.

2 Likes

Poor lad just can’t catch a break. I think it’s an injury he’s never had before, so hopefully it won’t take too much time to recover from.

It’s a narrative that keeps repeating and it’s not going to be good for his morale. The risk now is not only he is not going to get a good preseason with us (hopefully it’s a non serious injury), he might not even get to leave the club for first team football this summer… Feel for him

1 Like

I really hate to sound hard hearted, but it could work out well for us if it scuppers a move away.

Sorry Joe, but I don’t want to see you leave :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think he wanted to leave. Hopefully he gets fit by the start of the new season. The mid-season break due to Q22 will also work to his advantage.

1 Like

Whoop, so happy for him.

7 Likes

That’s good.