Joel MATIP: 2020/21

Oh FFS!!! Poor Joel :worried:

1 Like

Unsurprisingly it looks like he’ll be back for either Brighton or City.

About the only good thing you say about Joel’s injury situation is that when he comes back he usually hits the ground running. It’s just that your heart is in your mouth when he hits the ground :grimacing:

5 Likes

Or when a two legged donkey falls on top of him. :unamused:

3 Likes

Warmduscher :wink:

2 Likes

That early if he is available for Brighton I’d leave him for City.

1 Like

Yep hes basically Daniel Agger!

1 Like

His injuries might be a bit more serious, it’s the only sense to make of this “deadline madness”.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s months instead of weeks with what happened today, though you wonder if Klopp has effectively had enough now and is looking to move on, with 4 or 5 defenders seemingly on the list today not to mention others who have been ruled out earlier in the month it would seem we are looking to make some big changes back there.

3 Likes

Or Fabinho’s is. :grimacing:

Doubt it, Fabinho has been earmarked for next Sunday, that’s pretty committal from Klopp, however both Hendo and Fabinho are midfielders.

The Boss just confirmed Joël is done for season. :disappointed::heart:

1 Like

Oh God! What bad luck!

1 Like

We have 3 CB’s and all with serious injuries and ruled out for the season, it’s just crazy.

2 Likes

Glad they confirmed that after these two came in

2 Likes

brilliant player made of absolute glass. Feel terrible for him.

CBs for the rest of the season Fabinho and Henderson until Klopp decides new guys are ready. Oof.

1 Like

I hate to say this because I really like the guy, but I can’t see him playing for us again

Sadly, this will probably be the end of the road for Matip at LFC. All the ability in the world, but just too injury prone.

3 Likes

Was the case anyhow Matip wouldn’t have been back for 3 or 4 weeks at the best of times. Just hope the new guys hit the ground running more relaxed what with the new guys and Phillips stepping up