Joel MATIP: 2020/21

Where’s the fucking mask Joel.

4 Likes

8 Likes

The guys look Chinese, must be a Matip copy :innocent:

Oh Matip, never change :laughing:

3 Likes

I perhaps will console myself with the high salary that I earn that not many people in this world could :rofl:

1 Like

We need to do the physical equivalent of reverse psychology.

Get Matip to play every minute of every game. What if we qualify for Round of 16 with two games to spare? Then of course still play Matip in those dead rubbers.

This may break his injury voodoo.

1 Like

Wha…Nike still releasing kits?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Seems like Matip will be starting against Atalanta.

2 Likes

Joël speaking to the media, very rare. I love this man. Legitimately. One of a kind and one of my absolute favorites. Injury record notwithstanding, IMO top 5 CB in all of world football that doesn’t get his proper credit.

6 Likes

Injured again? Or am I jumping to paranoid conclusions?

Rested for bigger game in midweek.

Not sure I 100% buy the managing minutes line. You’d have him on the bench if required as he’s our only traditional Senior CB currently fit. If managing his minutes has got to the stage where even having him on the bench is too risky then, well… shit, things are really bad!

1 Like

What about the splinters. :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m starting to think the club are now too scared to risk him warming up for a game unless absolutely necessary!

1 Like

In fairness he has played almost 2 full games in the last week, that is almost unbelievable for Joel.

3 Likes

Matip will be out at least 4 weeks if I understand the clubs communication.

If we’re at this point, and I suspect we might be, it highlights the poor decision not to get a CB in the summer.

Even without the Virgil and Gomez injuries, that player would be getting a lot of game time this season and would mean we didn’t need to shift Fabinho from shielding the back four.

Patience must be running out with Matip.

1 Like

I doubt the club would put it out there that Matip is ok if he wasn’t.

He played two games in a row and it showed with Milner that it’s a risk playing that 3rd in such a space.

4 Likes