Joel MATIP: 2020/21

Could we please stop bumping this thread, get shit scared expecting an injury :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the case with every player thread.

1 Like

Most other ones are mostly based on performance, this dude however, its either no context Matip posts or injury!

2 Likes

Guys, the vibe in this thread might injure Matip; we wouldn’t want that, would we!!!

5 Likes

My take on this is that while us fans weekly pray Matip and Fabinho form a solid CB partnership… Think Jurgen has other ideas…
he has formed TWO partnership pairings using the young lads…!!!
No problem with Matip getting a full rest today… Just do the business on Tuesday!

1 Like

There is always one for the Joel Matip collection… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes
6 Likes

:heart_eyes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIeQfjPF64W/?igshid=1507i4lbj2985

6 Likes

Matip has been immense in the last few games, I hope he can stay fit love him as a player and as a personality, which is definitely unique :crazy_face:

4 Likes

He’s got a funny little habit like Hendo… at least 1 goal every season and it’s always a league goal.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d actually credit VVD for the improvement in Matip. 2nd Best CB in the league for sure.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/8G05lQomL6E

6 Likes

Disappointed nobody asked Joel what planet he came here from.

3 Likes

Weird guy, but in a good way.

A little bit closed, not on social media, but every now and then when he gives an interview, you see he’s a pretty cool and funny person.

You don’t see a lot of those in the game these days. Focus on what’s most important, have a good balance between being positive and realistic.

3 Likes

There’s always one…

9 Likes
3 Likes

Jor El Matip

Same first name like Superman’s father.

3 Likes

As well as being the best defender in the league he’s also replaced the threat from set pieces that Van Dijk brought to the side, something that neither Fab or Gomez offer.

So important to us right now. Thought he was close to flawless today, his positioning when left 1v2 on a couple of occasions was perfect.

13 Likes

Spor on with his positioning twice he cut off the passing lane to Zaha whilst also closing down the player with the ball, both denying Palace an easy chance

7 Likes

He’s looking left and right as if he’s about to cross a street :laughing: :rofl: be careful Joel… it’s ok :upside_down_face:

5 Likes