Joel MATIP: 2020/21

Such a role model for the kids around.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Matip: ‘I know it’s going up and will come down so I’ll just look the other way’ :grinning: ‘Let’s face it I’m older than 5 now’. :rofl:

6 Likes

Sadio looks really upset there I think it’s time we sold guys… oh sorry wrong thread

2 Likes

Yep, looks like he surrendered to the crusaders and was forced to do the Christmas hat thing.

3 Likes

He gets injured so easily and often is it worth starting him in any match?

1 Like

Have to wonder how long he is out for, haven’t seen a slower player than Rhys in a long time; hope he is back sooner rather than later.

1 Like

A tampon, in for a week, out for a month.
Matip is quality when fit, but like Keita he cannot sustain it or be relied on.

4 Likes

The sooner he’s back the sooner he’s out again. :cry:

2 Likes

We’re down to Fabinho and kids now, time to act or things can go bad really soon, like today.

2 Likes

It’s a shame because he is such a great player.

3 Likes

Lovely pass.

3 Likes
2 Likes

His injury tonight was a freak thing and could have happened to anyone. Literally to anyone. I posted in the match thread when it happened. He was moving backward and when he planted his back foot he slid and I immediately thought it was his groin. The Boss said post match its his hip adductor. All connected in there so no telling until he gets scanned.

1 Like

Hasn’t he had problems with his hip before?

1 Like

Klopp said he felt his abductor, don’t know more.

2 Likes

FIFY very dissappointing.

2 Likes

I think Klopp is having the realization with Matip like he did with Sturridge — he’s great when he plays, but he’s injured too often for most to know that.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it was the same hip, but he did tear one of his adductors a few years back. I actually hope it is the adductor and not the groin. He’s only looking at 3 weeks max with the hip vs 2/3 months for a groin tear.

That said, what were you specifically getting at?

1 Like

I just remember him being out with a hip problem in the past.

2 Likes