Joel MATIP: 2020/21

Tralfamadore.

1 Like

But if it is six weeks, heā€™ll play a couple of games and then be out for another six weeks. So fuck it. Buy another centre back.

4 Likes

By means of a chronosynclastic infundibulum? :thinking:

2 Likes

If it is survived yes, if not, then so it goes.

2 Likes

I agree, I think we should buy 2 but really donā€™t see it happening.
Klopp doesnā€™t seem to rate Phillips and Williamsā€™ lack of pace literally shocked me the other night.

2 Likes

The problem is not this 6 weeks, itā€™s more when heā€™s back for a game or two and then needs another month off. This has always been the pattern with Matip, he has more ins and outs than a dance hall hokey pokey.

1 Like

They should seriously consider removing one of his abductor muscles.

Klopp confirmed he will be out for 3 werks

1 Like

So he will be back in 6 weeks then.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an excuse not to buy a CB this month and then Matip will have a ā€˜set-backā€™ and wont be seen for months.

You saw it here first.

4 Likes

3 weeks out tentatively. As a fan, I say, go get someone but I can understand Kloppā€™s position of not trying to jump into the market for every reason, even before Covid times, he has already shown his tendencies. His stubborn-ess has worked for him before and against him as well. But he has also shown a willingness to learn from his mistakes. I guess the next week as the window opens, we will see what he and the team has planned.

3 Likes

Even if Matip was fit now weā€™d still need to get another CB in. Itā€™s like watching your house burn down and being told thereā€™s some chocolate firemen on the way.
And whoā€™s to say Fabinho wont pick up an injury or get suspended for a few games? Itā€™ll be fucking madness not to get anyone in and weā€™ll regret it at some point.

7 Likes

I agree, but we do not know to what extent such a deal might compromise bigger and wider transfer plans. What if KM is destined for the summer? And we need the entire budget to pull that deal off? We just dont know in terms of blaming the club, but Im sure Klopp knows he needs a new CB. There is also the problem of going to market in Jan and being ripped off. The world also knows we need a CB. As well, there may be a forecast that VVD might be back soon after the window closes. I just think its a far more tricky situation than we can evaluate.

I donā€™t think we have any money.

1 Like

I have thought this, what post Covid?

Personally I think there is zero chance of signing KM, the commentator gave us a clue last night we are 14th biggest net spenders in the premier league since FSG took over. Regarding CB we really need two more other clubs have 6 and 7 we got 3 .

1 Like

That might be true, in which case get a couple in on loan until the end of the season. There must be some out there who canā€™t get a game who would fucking walk here for the chance to play for Liverpool.

So we should have loads in the bank then, been saving up :wink:

They are very mean with their money, i know its their business and we spend more on wages than most other clubs. We are at the top now and would like to stay there.

1 Like

I think weā€™re skint, as @Mascot posted above, and its due to covid and no gate receipts.

1 Like