Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

If Ornstein is reporting that Hendo is giving serious consideration to the offer he’s been made to join Gerrard’s new club, I think that’s enough to be giving this its own thread.

" Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is leaning towards accepting an offer from Saudi Pro League side Al Ettifaq.

Henderson is expected to make a decision imminently, with the England international considering the life-changing offer which would quadruple his Liverpool salary.

Steven Gerrard, Henderson’s former Liverpool team-mate, was appointed last week as Al Ettifaq’s new manager and has played a key role in driving the pursuit of the 33-year-old.

Henderson still has two years left on the four-year contract he signed in the summer of 2021, meaning a fee would need to be agreed between Liverpool and Al Ettifaq if the midfielder agrees to join the Saudi side.

Liverpool have not had any contact from clubs regarding a move for Henderson. If he gives his approval to the move, the clubs will immediately hold talks over a deal."

3 Likes

will move all posts over here then

when the story came out earlier that he was staying to better his international team chances, I had my doubts because he would have limited game time within a healthy team, but i didnt wanna argue with anyone. some people believe hendo wants guarantees from klopp on that game (true or false) time which i dont think klopp can give him…lets see what happens

Liverpool want significantly more than the £17m paid for Kalidou Koulibaly for Jordan Henderson -

@DominicKing_DM

2 Likes

Would be a real blow to lose Millie and Hendo, less so from the first team, but more from the dressing room and training ground. They set the standards. Going to Saudi would make it a heavier blow

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1679246366864728066

I can see both sides of the argument. Would be a shame to lose that leadership primarily (sadly his best playing days are now behind him), but at the same time probably our last opportunity to get a fee for him, which would then likely trigger us making a proper bid for Lavia, who could well be the future of our midfield.

I guess I’m happy for this to play out either way.

4 Likes

If you have said to me 3 months ago Henderson to Saudi Arabia I would have said, nah not the type but nothing is surprising me anymore, like you said, let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

Jordan Henderson is set to hold crunch talks with Jurgen Klopp in the next 24 hours with the midfielder not certain about his role in the squad. -
@DominicKing_DM

I’m all for looking forward, but it’s clear. If the Saudis want Hendo they have to match Southampton’s valuation of Lavia.
We hold all the cards here.

1 Like

we possibly might have a WHOLE brand new starting midfield by the time season kicks off…WOW

That’s what a lot of us wanted at points last season!

3 Likes

if hendo goes, will they let thiago ago as well??

Maybe if a good offer comes in, otherwise I’d guess we’d want to hang onto him for this season.

1 Like

yep, i agree, need a bit of stability…

Not sure about the disruption this will cause

if he agrees to the 700k, hendo will be fifth highest player in the world after neymer lol

1 Like

@sachatavolieri
](https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri)
Been told #LiverpoolFC waiting for Jordan Henderson final word about #AlEttifaqFC before sending first bid for Romeo #Lavia. Belgian player talked to Jürgen Klopp and wants to play for the Reds. Reds truly believe he is definitely a big prospect for the future and was waiting for making space in the midfield in order to make a step forward.Personal terms not a problem anymore.

1 Like

700k a week!! Be tempting to anyone. Be a pity to lose him, but in all honesty i probably would like him only in bit part role next year, so it’s tough.

2 Likes