Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Really?

Not the ending we all wanted…but money talks…sobeit…he could have gone with love n fireworks…but suppose he’ll disappear quick…but again is it all conjecture…until he speaks we’ll never know.

1 Like

Well I’m a bit pissed off that we had almost all our deals done and looked ready and fresh and these two decide they want to bugger off.

2 Likes

Extremely disappointing.

4 Likes

Hope we take all the money for Hendo / Fabinho in advance (not including the add-on clauses). Have a sneaky feeling that the Saudi’s might renege on their payments later.

Can then use the money to buy multiple players paying in a staggered way.

1 Like

Hopefully now the sentimental stuff will cease and we can stop pretending he’s not crap at football anymore.

7 Likes

what a midfield overhaul!! DAMN…Possibly 4 new midfield players

1 Like

What we saying 52 million into the budget, 50 million for a quick transfer for Lavia. Might even been done this week……

I was hoping we’d hold onto him for another season or 2 as i think he still had something left in the tank .Don’t mind seeing Fabinho or Thiago go as the former has been slow for 2 seasons now and the latter just had too much games missed with injuries.

Farewell Hendo, been a wild ride.

7 Likes

Won’t be able to watch ‘Henderson, the making of’…sad, sad sad…bit of a snidey way to go…

1 Like

the 52 million can be spent in a staggered way based on the payments structured being agreed on. There’s no reason why we can’t spend on more than 2 players if the payment structures being agreed on is there.

It’s not only a midfield overhaul, but the loss of a whole load of experience. Bringing another new lad like Lavia in won’t replace that loss.

Firmino, Milner, Fabinho, Hendo… that’s a lot of winning experience going out of the window in one single summer.

3 Likes

12 million is cheap. City are selling Mahrez for 30 million euros + 3 million in add-ons. Anyway I dont want Hendo to leave.

1 Like

Bastard is a strong word but he sure looked miserable.

Im excited by the rebuild.

5 Likes

midfield PLUS experience overhaul???

Yep.

Very. I had to put the axe into my team’s plans to go to Worlds in Vegas about an hour ago. now this.

Yeah, previously to them leaving, we were looking well ready for a title challenging season in terms of quality and depth. Now, we look a bit short again. Let’s see what the club does in the coming days/weeks.