Jordan HENDERSON MBE: 2020/21

Call me a big old cynic, but I’d be willing to bet one of these two will be perfectly healthy come his clubs next game.

7 Likes

Are you taking bets on which one it’ll be?

2 Likes

Snake Eyes?

1 Like

Sterling has a niggling injury in his little toe from scuffing all them shots into the stands.

4 Likes

And we all know who that one will be :rage:

2 Likes
1 Like

Hasn’t been a great couple of weeks with injuries. I hope Alcantara and Keita have got fit. Ox too. We need them.

1 Like

I think Ox is a while away, Fabinho was at training last Friday so I reckon he might be close and Thiago on Monday.

2 Likes

I see Hendo was out properly training today

3 Likes

Maybe he will get some minutes from the bench on Saturday.

If he is fit, he should start, he is our captain.

3 Likes

Massive boost if he is fit to play for us.

1 Like

Looked good in training.

2 Likes

Would you guys please stop jinxing :roll_eyes: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Captain o Captain…

6 Likes

Just had a look at the shortlist for https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/sports-personality/55101008

Shortlist is:

Stuart Broad - cricket
Hollie Doyle - horse racing
Tyson Fury - boxing
Lewis Hamilton - Formula 1
Jordan Henderson - football
Ronnie O’Sullivan - Snooker

Apparently Marcus Rashford will receive a “special award” in honour of his child poverty work. Well, giving him an MBE didn’t shut him up so they have found a way around embarrassing publicity here.

The BBC claims that Rashford was excluded because he hadn’t reached the bar with his sporting achievements which is, frankly, bollocks as that hasn’t stopped anyone in the past winning it (I mean Greg Rusedski won it one year FFS).

It would be nice for Hendo to win this but the BBC really know how to rain on everyone’s parade. It really has become a joke of an organisation.

1 Like

It is usually done on sporting merit isn’t it? Hence the boring arguments every year about Andy Murray’s personality or lack thereof.

Most of the winners have been exceptional sportspeople. Rashford clearly shouldn’t be anywhere near it, it’s not an award for philanthropy or activism.

Henderson deserves to be there for his incredible performances as a captain and a player in 19/20, not just because he’s a good bloke.

10 Likes

No doubt he deserves it. He deserved it last year when we won the European Cup but wasn’t even nominated (Raheem Sterling was nominated from football).

SPOTY has always been a bit political but this is the most obvious toadying for years.

1 Like

I’d go with Hendo or the Horse Racing bloke.

The “Horse Racing bloke” is actually a woman.

7 Likes