Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

It’s a tough 1 with FSG but a lot is riding on this summer to get it right…and how it is with Liverpool every passing day that goes by without being linked or coming close to signing someone is a moaning day :D, I’m just going to sit back and let it all unfold and make my judgement come September 1st.

Asking them to suddenly turn a blind eye to their business model and persuade them in forking out 250m on those 3 players is just not realistic…replace Mount for someone like a Barella and replace Rabiot for someone like Kudus and I’m totally fine with that…fresh faces with quality who won’t cost an arm and a leg, not at all bothered if Jude ends up at Madrid like I wasn’t at all bothered Enzo ended up at Chelsea…don’t care how good they are/might be these prices are frankly absurd.

I’d like Kudus, he was brilliant against us and did well in the World Cup. I thought

1 Like

Obviously we are all just grasping at what might happen, but I the like language used here. It says a package of £124M. The question is what that includes.

6 year contract @£200k per week = £62.4M
5% agent fees = £6.2M
Transfer fee to Dortmund = £55.4M

Total package = £124M

Sign me up!

Edit:
In this fanciful scenario Bellingham has a modest release clause, similar to Haaland.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t happen for FSG given their track record of spendings and selling. I hope I am able to make that apology eh…

wouldn’t count on it.

Well, given how there is zero incoming money from the CM department, I hope I am wrong but I am predicting that the departure of Mo Salah and possibly Curtis Jones will fuel a huge part of the CM revamp. Given how we need bodies in the midfield with multiple departures, Bellingham doesn’t look Anfield-bound at all.

I am sure FSG is really motivated by your stamp of approval and will now work really hard to earn your praises.

Shit ton of wages saved though.

How about you do that regardless, and leave that shite on twitter where it belongs?

10 Likes

Wonder what game is coming up which the Spanish based media are being used to cause unrest and generate clicks…

1 Like

Christian Falk on Jude Bellingham:

“Jude Bellingham’s father is speaking to Real Madrid and he has met with the Spanish outfit. This hasn’t just taken place in London, as has been reported, but also the week before in the Spanish capital.

"The important thing is that Jude himself has not yet made a decision and there’s still yet to be talks with Dortmund.

"Liverpool are still in the running, though it’s important to note that if Real are serious and the Reds aren’t ready to make a good offer soon, it will become an increasingly difficult situation for the latter.

“Jurgen Klopp has already admitted to himself: when it comes to money, Jude doesn’t stand a chance. That all being said, Bellingham isn’t motivated solely by money.”

1 Like

He doesn’t have to stay here forever. If anything, 4-5 good seasons with us and he’ll command a far higher salary

If he wants to come to Liverpool because he had posters of Stevie on his wall when he was a kid that’s great, but the game is entirely about money now, legit or otherwise. If he’s more interested in money he’ll want nothing to do with Liverpool, or any other club that isn’t funded by fucking monsters.

1 Like

Yep.
As much as people want to believe he’s set his heart on Liverpool, and isn’t motivated by money, if Madrid offer him £200 a week and we offer him £100 a week, he’s not coming anywhere near us.

1 Like

That’s really low ball by us and Madrid to be fair.

We need to be competitive as you say, this isn’t Touchemani where once Madrid came we were poached.

But we have to be serious.

1 Like

We could maybe stretch to minimum wage for Jude?

2 Likes

Can someone explain how it boils down to finances?

Im struggling to understand how it seems impossible to live and sustain a good lifestyle on what is known as a reasonable footballers wage £90k p/w and Real Madrid offering £250k p/w.

Footballers years ago survived on much less and have a good lifestyle now.

Most are assuming there will be a significant disparity in wages in what we offer vs them. Many are assuming that gap will be too big to justify considering anything else about the decision. Many others will ignore the disparity and view the absolute reality that even the very lowest of lowballs from us (which is not what we will be offering) will be a king’s ransom and will give him the financial freedom to pursue his passion and enable him to turn down down a bigger offer somewhere else.

Both are legit ways to look at the consideration, but we have no idea at all how he view things. It also ignores that its real madrid, and they are also a dream destination from any player

1 Like

Sorry, maybe Iv had too many Stellas (to wash away tonights abject performance) but you have completely lost me in your first paragraph.
I assume you are responding to Mark and maybe Dane.

I personally believe we will sign Bellingham and that is irrelevant of us qualifying for the CL next season.
Bellingham and his family come across as being grounded, they do not appear to money orientated. Additionally, we (Liverpool) have always paid a good wage - I think you refer to this with your disparity comment :+1:t2:.
We have done our courtship, Hendo and Trent have also formed a friendship with Jude, something he has acknowledged. I will be very surprised if we do not sign Bellingham this summer.

I believe he’s responding to me also, but someone managed to explain and shed light which is fine.

I’m with you on the Jude bit also by the way.

2 Likes