Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

According to some other tweets, they showed a video of both of them attending some concert

1 Like

No way, I thought we were leading the race, right? There’s an actual race, and we’re in the lead. 1st position. Like, VROOOOM Get out of the way you son of a *****, we’ll win this race!

1 Like

I don’t know him from shit but a newsfeed popped up the other day where Chris Brown grabbed a woman’s neck on stage (not sure why I clicked on it). I thought he was wearing a silver puffer jacket like this in the pic. So perhaps a very recent video? Trent also wearing the same clothes in the vid as in the pic where he is sitting down.

My opinion is that this is in the last week or so. Either way it doesn’t mean shit. NT players being friends isnt uncommon and doesn’t mean anything more than them just being friends.

This is as good as it gets

1 month ago same clickbait merchant

On Madrid
‘But sources close to the club insist they have almost no chance of doing the deal because of the financials’

City
‘City are not believed to be favourites for Bellingham’

It would be pretty damning to have chased him for two years, and at the expense of doing midfield business last summer, if we were to then not get him this summer.

It’s not like the fee has been rising every month. Dortmund have been pretty clear on what it would take and I can’t believe we wouldn’t have an idea about his wage demands by now.

If he picks City or Madrid then fine, loyalties aside I think we’d all say both of those sides are in better shape than us right now. But if it comes down to money, then we’ve only ourselves to blame really.

To be honest, im just bored of all the talk now. I just hope he goes somewhere this summer so these endless “X is Leading The Race For Bellingham” articles stop.

2 Likes

So we have chased Jude for 2 years :rofl::rofl:

No it really wouldn’t. That’s the nature of the beast. All clubs have scouts that have been looking at players over a number of years. They also have players that they have been watching for a while that they are wanting to pull the trigger on when the time is right. Sometimes the time is just never right. I imagine a fair number of our high profile players were being discussed at other clubs years before they came to us and they missed out on them.

You also say “at the expense of doing business last summer” which I just don’t agree with. Tchouameni was an opportunity signing attempt (I think Klopp has suggested as such), and beyond that, I really don’t think Klopp and his transfer team were actually really really actively trying to solve midfield problems at that point and were wanting to have a full 12 months of better preparation exploring the market for reinvigorating the midfield, because he didn’t think there was any problems at that point. He literally said at the start of the season he was sick of reporters asking him about the midfield. Klopp was wrong of course.

Now that this summer is almost certainly going to feature at least 1 midfield signing, likely 2, they will have their targets and their backups. Remember, Salah was a backup, so we know the transfer guys at the club do drop down to backups when access/the financial package of their primary target doesn’t work. If Bellingham’s financial package (by that I mean with both Dortmund and the player himself) doesn’t work for us, we will move onto another target. I’m not going to spill tears over that. I highly doubt anyone is getting Bellingham for a bargain basement price so even a club like RM might genuinely not be able to afford him.

4 Likes

This is the problem. We needed midfield reinforcements last summer as we couldn’t rely on the sicknote combination we started the season with. This being deliberate just suggests problems with judgement especially when we hear stories of staff leaving after calls to move on older players were rejected. Was Jurgen just too wedded to his boys and not ruthless enough? Has this lesson now been learnt and we have changed or are we set for incremental tinkering at the edges and another season of being unable to compete?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/get-mbappe-to-liverpool

Let’s get 1 for Jude :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You think he’s not been our long term target for the last couple of seasons?

I would consider it to be. Same way it was a kick in the teeth for Spurs when we stepped in and got Diaz or for United when we stole in and got Gakpo. You get gazumped, fine it happens. You chase a player for two years and then find out you can’t afford him then it’s pretty poor work.

If Bellingham was available last summer we wouldn’t have gone after Tchouameni. And if we’d got Tchouameni, I doubt we’d be still in the market for Bellingham. I don’t think you Tchouameni an opportunistic signing either given he’d have been in the region of our record signing. You don’t spend £60m on someone just because they’re available in an area of the squad you don’t think actually needs it.

What Klopp says in press conferences is one thing, reality is another. He’s not going to sit there and lament missing out on a target whilst calling the rest of the lads shit. He’s not Antonio Conte.

2 Likes

Mood What GIF by NBC

Welp, part one of my predictions is coming true…The Bellingham situation is turning to a classic all eggs in one basket situation and it could be due to money…Where did we see that?

For nothing lol…

:face_with_peeking_eye:I am interested in this bit. Can you share an article on this? I don’t actively participate in the transfer or owner threads apart from an occasional read where this sort of news might come up but I hadn’t heard it before that there were people in the club met with resistance when discussing moving on older players…

1 Like

Read it on here, can’t remember the source - obviously I have NFI what is actually happening.

Everyone would do well to not fly off the handle over press reports. Especially @Notasuperfan.

When something turns up in the papers, it’s been placed there for a reason. That reason is often nothing to do with keeping us informed of the situation.

There are two issues to signing Bellingham. The first is convincing Jude to come. The second is dealing with Dortmund, who will be trying to screw every penny out of us, while we’re trying everything drive the price down.

When you see an article pleading our poverty and suggesting we can’t afford him, that’s more likely to be a message to Dortmund as it is us fans.

It’s all a game. People brief for (small p) political reasons. Let it wash over you it’s nothing to do with us.

5 Likes

Well, all will be known by 1st Sept 2023 if the post by Ornstein is a feint or a reality check for the Kop.

reddy reporting it now…

still, james milner will be like a new signing…

1 Like

Not true. It should be Morton will be like a new signing! Haha!

1 Like

Stop pissing your knickers.

5 Likes