Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Madrid Xrta is the new La Marca…

Be easier to forget about him if we closed this thread!

2 Likes

Probably best to ignore it as it would just end up in the other threads.

We would match any transfer fee offer that RM could offer. RM is not offering over 100m.

2 Likes

TANextra: Bellingham chooses Liverpool. @SBYM orders one year’s supply of Pot Noodles. #potjoodles

3 Likes

More quality reporting for confirmation. Oh despair :sweat_smile:

Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, has opted to join Real Madrid but the deal is not done with the Spaniards only willing to pay 120m euros. (AS - in Spanish)

1 Like

Ah isn’t this what they do with their media outlets.

Spent 12 months doing this with Countiho, his back gave in in the end.

3 Likes

LIVERPOOLXcessive - Jude only wants Liverpool and will top up the transfer fee himself whatever Liverpool wouldn’t pay.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1653744708093452289?t=OOyhNZgYocC8VLurZtdHgQ&s=19

Real Madrid are teaching everyone a lesson when it comes to long term planning and succession of their biggest stars. They will go from Casemiro-Kroos-Modrić to Camavinga-Tchouameni-Bellingham, and that almost seamlessly. I imagine the wages are significant but their net spend post-Hazard is much less than I thought it would be.

1 Like

He’s not worth that amount anyways. If he wants RM then so be it. Good luck to him.

2 Likes

Valverde, also…

The lesson being “spend a fucking fortune”. Genius.

2 Likes

Seamlessly? They’ve won 2 titles in 10+ years in a 2 team league at a time when the other one is going through a historical level implosion. And you’re basing this on an existing pairing who have very rarely played together, one of whom has had the overwhelming majority of his positive performances for them as a late sub or LB. And another on a player they dont yet own.

Maybe a lesson not to open a new player thread on a non-Liverpool player and keep it in the unreliable rumours thread…because then you end up with 2000+ posts of tosh (& yes shame on me too) which probably does no help to the servers here.

Perhaps time to close up here Nikola? Please.

1 Like

We were linked with him, so it’s all fine. But yeah, you could feel lately with the information that this one is not happening. Not surprising.

1 Like

Didn’t want him anyway, blocks Jones.

1 Like

If our last ten years looked like three titles, five european cups and a complete reboot of one of the great midfields with probably the most exciting crop of young midfielders in the game then I think we’d all be crowing about how great we are :grinning:

You have to give them credit for the evolution of that side. Replaced the midfield before they were forced to. Some astute bosman signings, picked up some top Brazilian talent and helped nurture them into superstars. Even their selling has been pretty good, getting very decent money for players that wanted to move on or they didn’t need any more. You have to go back to 2019/20 for their last real big misses.

Good luck to Jude if this is the outcome. I could never really see him coming here once the talk of the fee got so high. Can’t blame him really, go do Madrid while you can. Could be there 10 years and then still get another big move to end his career closer to home. Or if it doesn’t work out, there’s plenty examples of players having great careers even if they don’t quite make it there.

1 Like

Look at their net spend post-Hazard… I can’t be the only one who it reminds of us in 2017-2020 period. Again, I’m only going off the transfer fees but still…

Also, they managed to get two of our primary two targets from the last year. I doubt we’ll ever manage to get even one over them.

What about the Champions League trophies in the last ten years, which is what they as a club care about the most? If you offered me the same amount of equivalent trophies for Liverpool over the next ten years, I’d bite your hands off even if it was 2020, let alone now.

3 Likes

Nah, mate, as @Mascot said, it will only bleed through into other threads. Let’s keep our grievances and frustrations here.

1 Like