Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

I’d rather he go to City this summer than put up with another year of rumours.

1 Like

He (JS) already started behaving like a dick while at BD, it was just a lot more subtle. His true dickishness came out while at utd, and I think this has more todo with him not being able to hide this side of his character at a club where everything is scrutinized. JB shows absolutely zero hint of those negative traits which means he doesn’t have any or he’s a certified psychopath. While the character of a player never completely determines their success or failure, it certainly plays a significant part.

The talent of each player has never been questioned.

I’m going all in. This summer. £90m

Bollocks to my broken heart.

5 Likes

Yeah, there were a few stories of him acting like he’d already made it. This piece isnt even from early in his time at Dortmund, but in the period after it became clear he was going to get a big money move back to England sooner than later.

2 Likes

They using the fee they got for Sancho as the bar to set for Bellingham

Possibly more the fee that Enzo Fernandez went for, even if that was an activated clause, not negotiated.

2 Likes

Real signing Veiga, Dortmunds list of suitors grows ever so smaller…

1 Like

I suspected that Real would be more interested in signing midfielders from Spain, Portugal or South America than English ones more generally, although its possible price is a factor.

1 Like

Yeah the Real links I always took with a pinch of salt, not saying they wouldn’t want to sign Bellingham but no way at the price he’s mooted at. Especially when they have tchouameni, Valverde and Camavinga and need to purchase a Benzema replacement over the next year.

Real now seem to have a model of hoovering up the best young talents for moderate amounts based on their reputation and pull, rarely getting into bidding wars, with the odd superstar signing to supplement.

1 Like

If it is true that Jude would rather wait it out after that announcement by us then it’s obvious he is staying and waiting. I assume an agreement will be signed by the player than will protect a price for Dortmund.

I think Bellingham doesn’t even want to hear about any of this right now. He’s one of Dortmund’s key players/captains in a title race. If he decides to stay another season, I actually feel it might have more to do with not rushing and liking how Dortmund are doing rather than waiting for a particular buyer in 2024. They were 6th during the winter/WC break. Sure, waiting might improve his situation, but more in general terms. Have a look at all what’s on the table for another window/summer. But there’s more than two scenarios possible (in terms of price).

4 Likes

Real Madrid officials will travel to Germany this week in a bid to convince Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, 19, to join the Spanish club this summer. (Marca - in Spanish)

Any excuse for a bit of an overseas jolly, eh? Doubt if Jude will appreciate having his end of season push for the Bundesliga title interrupted by some suits from Madrid. If, of course, there’s any truth to the story which in view of the source there probably isn’t.

3 Likes

Perfect for us especially if they think 80m is the acceptable fee.

Its over :cry:

1 Like

If true, I’m sad as I wanted him here, but I much prefer to see him at Real Madrid than say, Man City.

3 Likes

It’s from something called “MadridXtra” and using a story from AS- aka Absolute Shite.

So it’s bound to be gospel.

2 Likes

Might aswell be this forum announcing him to us. The madridextar ffs

1 Like

:smiley:

Madrid Xtra?

Kamala Harris Wow GIF by Election 2020

1 Like

I have lost interest in him.
Except
I hope and pray to whatever Gods listen that he doesn’t go to City.

1 Like