Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Doubt it would be both Havertz and Kane.

There are two counties he maybe ok in, the USA and Germany.

1 Like

The last time they spent big was back in 19/20 with a net spend of approximately €250m. Since then they’ve made a profit on sales almost to the point of recouping all that 19/20 net spend.

1 Like

Please don’t tell me we are calling Harry Kane over weight? Hopefully my reading comprehension skills are wrong

Overweight diva = Fat lady (singing)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1666429911274340354?t=u0KF0uIny4yf75w_08lcKA&s=19

Seen these kinds of tweets before

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1666441207210278912?s=20

Close thread

Well there’s 2300 posts we’ll never get back :joy:

1 Like

I hope BVB invest the money wisely. They will be significantly weakened.
Silver lining is that he didn’t go to the Abu Dhabis. Not much consolation to be honest.

Meh.

Mac Allister + Koné + Thuram + Van der Ven >>>>> Bellingham

4 Likes

I’m very pleased he’s not going to another PL club. Maybe we get him after he’s done a few years at Madrid, when he’ll still be young - albeit with a million miles in his legs.

As a side note - the fee we’re paying for Alexis is looking to be a 1/3 of what Jude’s fee is. I don’t think Jude is 3 x the player Alexis is - and we have plenty in the bank to keep going. As gutted as I’ve been about no Jude - clearly a smart business decision by the club to not put all the money into one player.

I appreciate they’re not like for like when comparing them - my point is we have all but secured our first signing for a fee that doesn’t hugely reduce our time on the supermarket sweep.

1 Like

€100m plus add-ons for Bellingham. Add-ons to be determined of course, but that sounds pretty reasonable. That’s a good deal for Real.

While our club fails once again to sign their target. He was never going to be cheap. Just not competitive enough at the top.

1 Like

I wish Mac Allister was £100m. I don’t know how I’m going to show my face on Twitter now.

1 Like

There’s always the possibility that Bellingham told Liverpool, he’d decided to sign for Real. So there was no point in wasting anymore time and energy on him.

2 Likes

Remind me again who did we fail to sign that we really wanted recently? Other than Tchouameni who chose Real (and was not about money).

And never mind whether we wanted Jude or not…that’s £20M+ more than our record signing (and even that top figure is based off meeting targets).

Why would we hamstring ourselves when we need multiple positions to fill and there are genuine prospects who would materially improve us?

It’s now on Sky. £88.5 million

So with the Add-ons roughly €130m, we can have 3 excellent players for that price :+1:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1666449370991001602?s=20

For that price and the probably high wages for a 19 year old who has yet won anything and although admittedly one of the most exciting talents, I am glad Liverpool walked away early.

1 Like

88.5m more than double Mac. :smirk:

Something Moms GIF

3 Likes